Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of reasons to be super bullish these days.

Main reason in the short term is S&P inclusion. Election almost behind us, 5 qtrs of profit, indexes have had time to prepare - could happen anytime.

In the long term, profitability could be well above even the most bullish models if Tesla stop selling vehicles and keep them on Tesla Network (TN) themselves.
Gross profits could be 80% for several years.

Tesla Network / Robotaxi Business Model

S&P inclusion could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

There are plenty of reasons to be a superbull though!

Main reason IMO is the current underestimation of Q4 2020 by Wall Street. If the early January Production&Delivery report mentions +200k units produced and between 185k-195k delivered this could trigger a breakout (to the upside of course).

Add to that the guidance for 2021 that Tesla will adress in their Q4 2020 update letter and the conference call (late january), and the stock will have more reasons to soar. (last call Elon tried to dodge the question but hinted at +800k, but I believe guidance will be 1 million cars produced in 2021, which will again be sandbagging the true 1,2 million potential).

Good ramp of solar and energy (and possibly insurance) can add to the mix. Same for serious FSD improvements, but those are not expected by end of Q1 2021.

So my superbull predictions:

+$500 by January 2020, +$750 by July 2021, $+1000 by July 2022.

Let's go!

S&P inclusion could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

There are plenty of reasons to be a superbull though!

Main reason IMO is the current underestimation of Q4 2020 by Wall Street. If the early January Production&Delivery report mentions +200k units produced and between 185k-195k delivered this could trigger a breakout (to the upside of course).

Add to that the guidance for 2021 that Tesla will adress in their Q4 2020 update letter and the conference call (late january), and the stock will have more reasons to soar. (last call Elon tried to dodge the question but hinted at +800k, but I believe guidance will be 1 million cars produced in 2021, which will again be sandbagging the true 1,2 million potential).

Good ramp of solar and energy (and possibly insurance) can add to the mix. Same for serious FSD improvements, but those are not expected by end of Q1 2021.

So my superbull predictions:

+$500 by January 2020, +$750 by July 2021, $+1000 by July 2022.

Let's go!

Based on those predictions, what options are you buying to maximize your return?

Going into what could well be the most important week of our Super Bull lives, I thought this thread need to be warmed up. Couldn't think of a better post to kick things off:
For me, figuring it out is easy. Here is the decision tree:

Do you need cash now?
--No. Then HODL Tesla shares.
--Yes. Then borrow cash and HODL Tesla shares.

I suspect that folks tempted to sell shares now are forgetting two facts:

1) This company is historic. There has never been anything like it, with a combination of...
  • genius, workaholic, polymath CEO
  • global braintrust of top-1% engineering talent
  • corporate mission and other incentives attracting more top talent
  • corporate culture driving rapid relentless innovation and improvements
  • multiple, huge, accelerating technology leads
  • vertical integration and talent/tech sharing with rocket geniuses
  • gargantuan addressable markets (global transportation and energy)
  • vast untapped or barely tapped market segments (robotaxis, trucking, solar roofs, virtual power-plants)
  • vast untapped or barely tapped market regions (China, India, South America, Middle East, Africa)
  • doubling product line in the next few years (Cybertruck, Semi, Roadster2, "world cars")
  • doubling (or more) production capacity in the next few years (Giga Shanghai, Berlin, Austin)
  • unlimited future opportunities for the engineering braintrust (home HVAC, air and underground transport, on Earth and Mars)
  • fanatical, evangelical, exponentially growing customer base
  • unprecedented social tailwinds (accelerating climate change, growing government incentives)
Bears scoff at the current stock price and the idea that it will 10x again. "That would be a $6 trillion market cap! When has that ever happened?!" Well, several times in history, adjusted for inflation. But Tesla is making history.

2) This stock has turned a corner. HODLers endured 5 years of price stagnation and some gut-wrenching drops. Some folks might be traumatized and think the stock is still risky. But TSLA's future will not be like the past, because...
  • major index inclusions are incoming (S&P 500 and 100)
  • bond rating upgrades are incoming (if the raters want to be taken seriously)
  • at least 15% of available shares are disappearing permanently into index funds
  • up to 22% of available shares are disappearing likely permanently into benchmarked funds
  • FUD will have no or little effect on those shareholders
  • clueless or dishonest analysts will have no or little effect on those shareholders
  • Tesla's "fortress balance sheet" now has $20 billion in cash
  • all bear theses (unprofitability, inexperience, no demand, competition) have been discredited except excessive valuation
  • this last bear thesis will be discredited by the imminent FSD rollout, blowout Q4 earnings, and new products and production capacity coming next year
  • Tesla is now sandbagging their guidance to consistently beat expectations
FUD and abusive analysts will continue, but clearly they are losing effect. Volatility may continue, but so will the upward trend. The global market is waking up to TSLA. Usually when picking a stock, you must choose between safety and huge potential. TSLA offers both, in my studied opinion.

I have the highest conviction on this sheet at $1111 - are there no others bullish enough here to join me?
TMC inclusion
from
Contest: What price will TSLA be added at?

I will sell my LEAPS (95% of my portfolio) at $1500 if it were to happen around the 18th and I am quick enough. I will probably go straight into stock and only sell stock if it breaks $2000. All of which is unlikely to happen. I am less bullish on a spike of this magnitude than I was when I estimated $2k ($10k pre split):
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable
Two stock raises and giving a month to prepare is not conducive to a spike but perhaps that is a good thing.

I’m probably considered a super bull, but longer term, not short term. I will be ecstatic if we reach $1200 by Dec 31st, extremely happy at $1000, very happy at 900, pleasantly surprised at 800, hopeful and holding at 700. I’m outa here at $2500, selling everything and buying beachfront property.:cool: Here are my sales targets:
TSLA S&P SP Prediction - Conducted Dec-12th weekend

The tricky bit is holding through all of those lower strikes, so you can sell later at $2500 :D

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Time to warm this thread up.

TSLA in the doldrums. However, the future is going to be brighter than we can imagine.

Rob Maurer has an estimate of $3.7 T market cap in 2030 here

ARK are due to provide their updated estimate in the next week or so.

James Douma might be sharing his estimate with @DaveT soon. This will likely be super bullish on the robotaxi revenue modelling. He mentioned here for instance that ARK's current model uses a p/e of 14 on FSD currently.

Mine is here:

50 million Tesla owned robotaxis in 2030 * $50k per annum net income per car * 50 p/e ratio
= $125 T market cap in 2030 (TE income should offset COGS for 2030 vehicles)

Nobody is gonna outdo me!

Time to warm this thread up.

TSLA in the doldrums. However, the future is going to be brighter than we can imagine.

Rob Maurer has an estimate of $3.7 T market cap in 2030 here

ARK are due to provide their updated estimate in the next week or so.

James Douma might be sharing his estimate with @DaveT soon. This will likely be super bullish on the robotaxi revenue modelling. He mentioned here for instance that ARK's current model uses a p/e of 14 on FSD currently.

Mine is here:

50 million Tesla owned robotaxis in 2030 * $50k per annum net income per car * 50 p/e ratio
= $125 T market cap in 2030 (TE income should offset COGS for 2030 vehicles)

Nobody is gonna outdo me!

I like this. The "Model 50^3" for modelling TSLA market cap. Pushes the right buttons for me.

Reactions: Buckminster
I admit I am a Tesla bull, BUT my own meager models for the company have been very conservative compared to many other bull opinions. I expect a SP of $1400 by 2025 and around $2500 by 2030.

However, I've looked at other bull models compared to mine, for example Warren Redlich and Rob Mauer and others, and I really can't fault too many of their numbers and predictions for the valuation of Tesla over time. My model predicts the SP grows much slower from here on out compared to the company valuation and I leave out a lot of potential revenue on purpose, yet I acknowledge I am willfully making my model super conservative because the real numbers I come up with simply look ludicrous. It's like I can't believe my shares could be worth THAT MUCH so I tone the numbers down on purpose to make them more believable.

FSD & Robotaxis are tough to model for this very reason. The revenue they can potentially generate just looks crazy huge when you model it out, even with conservative price per mile estimates.

I’m probably considered a super bull, but longer term, not short term. I will be ecstatic if we reach $1200 by Dec 31st, extremely happy at $1000, very happy at 900, pleasantly surprised at 800, hopeful and holding at 700. I’m outa here at $2500, selling everything and buying beachfront property.:cool: Here are my sales targets:
TSLA S&P SP Prediction - Conducted Dec-12th weekend
I think you'll see another split way before TSLA ever reaches $2500.

Reactions: SpaceCash
My long position in AAPL is up 1300% over the past 10-12 years, so I don't see why TSLA can't do the same or better since EVs now are like the smart phones of 2007. I'd guess around $6000 based on the auto market alone. Robo-ridesharing, Power or whatever else Elon conjures up would be additive, perhaps multiplicative.

Full disclosure: I own TSLA and every ARK ETF.

Warren's extreme optimist model comes out with 2030 market cap of $105T (P/E ratio).

Remarkably similar to mine:
Interesting. My own model is eerily close to his pessimistic model, almost year for year honestly. The biggest difference is my valuations taper off more after 2027 so my model is only predicting around $5500 per share in 2030 as compared to his $8128.

His optimistic model though, woah.

Now seriously, what's your crazy 2030 PT? Mine's $8000....minimum

My crazy number for 2030 is $5500 per share. Yours is similar to Warren's. I do tend to err on the conservative side of predicting valuations though, I always do.

I guess compared to some other Tesla Bulls my "crazy" number isn't so crazy aferall! :D

Last edited: