Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I’m sure that SpaceX has cameras all around the OLM that can see everything. All we have are cameras on public land hundreds of feet away.
I think you are not understanding what the concern is. With no flame trench, the whole lower portion of the rocket is completely consumed with exhaust gases. There is NO place you can place any camera or hundred cameras that can see the underbody (engine compartment) of the rocket 1/2 a second after ignition.

Starship vs SLS launch schedule just tipped back in favor of Starship slightly. Not a gimme, but possible that Starship might launch orbital before SLS.
Another scrub for SLS, looking more and more like Starship goes orbital before SLS.

SLS rolling back to VAB, next pad opportunities might be in one of these two periods.

September 19 – October 4
October 17 – October 31

versus

SpaceX NET September for the Orbital Test flight of Starship

Last edited:
9CF33AD9-7AF3-4255-99E9-F2FB2ECE9AB9.jpeg

NSF is saying that the Starship static fire was all 6 engines and there was also a multi-engine spin start test on B7.

And the ground fire continues to burn near the sub-orbital test stand area. Could it just be vegetation, or is it something else? I don’t know. But vegetation is very sparse in that area; if that is what is burning I don’t think it would have lasted this long.

C541963A-F978-4CE6-9825-32CED7E8299C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
NSF is saying that the Starship static fire was all 6 engines and there was also a multi-engine spin start test on B7.

And the ground fire continues to burn near the sub-orbital test stand area. Could it just be vegetation, or is it something else? I don’t know. But vegetation is very sparse in that area; if that is what is burning I don’t think it would have lasted this long.

View attachment 850513
More the reason a flame trench will help mitigate this to some extent