Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharge Stopped at ~97% Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time I've ran into this but isn't a huge deal. I was supercharging to actually 100% today as had a long drive and also wanted to really fill up the battery as I had arrived at around 3 miles only left so figure would try out that ideal of calibration somewhat to its full limit - then drive home to take it back under 90%, etc.

Charging proceeded fast and normally but the car (90D) stopped around 97%. The graph showed empty grey space on the end...I tried to start it again and it did go another mile up but then stopped again, around 242. It just wouldn't go all the way up to full charge or actual 100%.

I figure this is due to cool weather (It was a high 57 degrees out today though). Here back at home 90% charged back to 231/232 when is kinda normal now again.

Anyone else familiar with this happening, is it normal to not be able to get to 100% at times by 2-3%?

-T

Thanks guys, I'll have to see what happens next time I charge to 100%, if this occurs again. Rare for me to charge to 100% anyways. The odd thing also was that the next night, my 90% charge overnight overcharged, went to around 95% almost according to rated range/graphs in car/app, etc.

90% is back to normal now. Again, will test 100% again sometime I'm sure. If can't reach it again will def talk to SC.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric700