Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sbportech, I just PM'd you with my cell/text number. I'll try to meet you at the charger if you let me know when you'll be there. There are lots of coffee shops nearby, you'll like downtown COSprings.

@gperco, PM me if you're coming by the Springs to see the charger (or to use it!). I'll see if some local owners can meet you.

- - - Updated - - -

That is good news as we will be in town tomorrow, means I don't have to fully charge in Denver, charging at Grand Junction right now. I'll post up when I plan to head down if anyone wants to grab a cup of coffee while the car charges. -Jeff.

Jeff, I'd be happy to meet up for coffee - I sent you a PM with my cell/text number.

- - - Updated - - -

In Glenwood Springs they have cones at the hotel but they don't do much good because the parking situation is abysmal so they just get moved by people trying to park. Tesla needs to move that location or actively enforce the parking. This picture was posted to the Tesla subreddit today.

Geez, sdoorex - that's awful!

Woo Hoo!!! I just came back from the Colorado Springs Supercharger a few minutes ago. This place is completely open! See the photo. No cones, no signs, just a brand-new 8-position supercharger. The City of Colorado Springs is HOT to have a grand opening. They are as thrilled as we are. They said they had lots of inquiries. A celebration is in the works, I will keep you posted here! For those of you who don't know how admission to this parking garage works, I described it in detail in a previous post in this thread. Check it out prior to arriving here. Mac
1-Supercharger now open.jpg

Thanks, Itz.... MAINE???? Why are you on this forum? Are you a supercharger fanatic? (Like me)? You are quite right. you have to swipe your credit card during business hours, nothing will be charged if you leave before one hour. If you stay for more than on hour, it costs $0.75 per hour. On weekends, it costs $1 just to get in. You can stay as long as you want until business hours starts, that is. Hop into your Tesla and come see us! We will meet you and have an enthusiast's party!

Disregard Panoz. He has a garage full of 80-90 supercars. You can never know what car he will be driving tomorrow. I suppose his brand new Tesla 90D is broke down somewhere on the side of the road. He will just buy another. Sheesh. Mac

I'm thinking a Supercharger party is a quick photo of lotsa folks charging for a second, then we have lunch in downtown Colorado Springs.

And we're being cautious about any get-together as Tesla has not officially announced the opening of the Supercharger. We wish to anger no one, especially the Mothership.

I will make sure, Stevezzzz, you're notified of any event.

Honestly I am not super happy about having to pay to use this supercharger outside of narrow 'business' hours. That seems to go against one of the main benefits of the supercharger network. What good is free charging when you have to pay a cover charge to get in?

It's too bad it isn't free all the time but at least it's only going to be $1 or so. If it was $10 to $20 flat-rate then I'd be really disappointed.

It's too bad it isn't free all the time but at least it's only going to be $1 or so. If it was $10 to $20 flat-rate then I'd be really disappointed.

I would HAPPILY pay $10 a charge to have SCs as nice as this one is. It's covered, so it won't, for example, be truly iced like this when we went through Trinidad around Thanksgiving time:

IMG_8602.JPG

And to have the outstanding amenities that are easy walking distance from this location. (Contrast Las Vegas, NM for example—absolutely nothing but a vending machine in the back of the motel.) Seriously, the quality of the majority of the SCs we've used on road trips has been a pretty significant detractor to an otherwise great experience. Granted, I've only used the SCs in AZ, NM, CO, WY, and MT, but not a one of those had nearly as much to offer as the Colorado Springs SC does. If I could choose between the current crop of SCs at $0.00 or more Colorado Springs-caliber SCs at $10 a charge, it would be no contest for me. For what we paid for the car, the current SC experience is definitely not up to the same standards as everything else about the car. (Of course, I'll take any SC—free or not—over none. :wink:)

Yup, it's on my nav system too.

- - - Updated - - -

It's official! The Colorado Springs Supercharger Party is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016 @ 1:00pm. Meet at the parking garage (215 N. Cascade) at 1:00pm. We'll have a photo taken at the charging stations, move our cars to non-charging spots and then have lunch/food in downtown COSprings. No RSVP needed, just show up.

Used it today, they did not make me pay but had to convince the lady at the gate we were in a Tesla. Maybe she had not seen one super dirty or just did not know what it was. Sorry I did not get in contact but it was last minute and was with family. I will be leaving Friday night, too bad as I would have enjoyed the opening party. I did realize that it does not like charging a cold car and only ssw 69kw at peak with a battery starting at 7%.