Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Traverse City, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there Nov 29 and got around 50kW on the highest numbered stall. I was in a hurry so tried one two down and it made the ring around my charge port go red and the screen said "Check power source". Same thing happened on two others I tried, so I went back to the one on the end to finish my charge. (For what it's worth!)

Would love to see a charger up by the Mackinaw Bridge!

Apparently they do have plans to put one in Mackinaw City at some point...so I'm sure it will eventually happen. There's also one planned for Escanaba, which would make a road trip through the UP possible finally. Yes, I mean with SC's...I'm well aware there were some more adventurous souls out there that made those drivers when there was no SC network at all. Thank you for paving the way...

Apparently they do have plans to put one in Mackinaw City at some point...so I'm sure it will eventually happen. There's also one planned for Escanaba, which would make a road trip through the UP possible finally. Yes, I mean with SC's...I'm well aware there were some more adventurous souls out there that made those drivers when there was no SC network at all. Thank you for paving the way...
Article I found that was about a year old said Meijer was building 3 UP locations in Marquette, Escanaba and the Soo. Tesla map has Coming Soon pins in Escanaba, Mackinaw City and the Canadian side of Soo, so that doesn't really match very well.

If I had to guess though, I would say all 3 Meijer's will eventually get superchargers. Just seems like the most convenient course of action for Tesla to take.

Up on vacation in TC and tried to charge at Meijer today and 6 of the chargers weren’t working, numbers 3,4,5 a+b. Chargers 1&2 a+b still worked though. Called Tesla and she agreed that she couldn’t ping them and put in a work order to fix them. Funny thing is that the numbers on the non working SC’s were scratched off.

It seems like this supercharger could use some attention. I’ve never been able to get any good charge speed at this location. And this is with a warm battery charging from 15%-70% Other locations in MI I’ve seem over 400 mi/hr. This one is less than half that.

I've used maybe 6 supercharge locations over the years and the Traverse City one is the only one I've ever had problems with. It was November of 2017 and at least two of the stalls didn't work. (Red ring around my Model S charge port.) I did eventually find one that worked, but it was slower than I'd expected.