Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Traverse City, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, it's happening!

Drove by this afternoon and construction has started! It's not by the car wash closest to Franke road, but on the opposite side of the parking lot parallel to the Meijer entrance. See attached photos. Woohoo!

IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3820.JPG IMG_3822.JPG IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3824.JPG

Stopped by the TC Meijer site today, Saturday. People from Windemuller Electric company were working and had already installed the large conduits that serve each SC station. We have used this firm and they do a great job. They had several trailers worth of parts there and expected the Supercharger to be installed in about a month. They mentioned, however, that Tesla would have to commission it and they did not know how long that would take.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and tomsModelS
I wonder if the folks at supercharge.info should rename the label from "Permit" to "Pre-Construction" for clarity. I've thought about this a few times in the past when the word "Permit" has been confusing.

Just an FYI - there are no "folks" at supercharge.info. It's just TMS member @BlueShift and he does the page as a courtesy - kind of a hobby. Note that there is no irritating advertising on the page. No money being made. Just a guy who loves Tesla.

I'm sure he'll take your recommendation into consideration.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Joe
My wife and I stopped by the site today. Here are photos of the equipment. Are these the inverters? I recall only one transformer per site and that transformer being bigger. There were only three workers there who were burying conduit with sand. I asked the guy seemingly in charge and he guessed about 2 more weeks til completion.

;( as that's about when we leave!

IMG_6852.JPG

IMG_6851.JPG