Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque, NM - Louisiana Boulevard Northeast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even old Model Ses are better off at v3 though, especially now that someone can plug into your paired v2 and drop your charge rate. Really don't think any expectation of behavior modification is reasonable here.
This exactly illustrates the issue....drivers who will pull in next to you when there are plenty of other open V2 pairs available...old model drivers that will pull into V3's even when there are plenty of open V2 pairs available, etc.
Sadly I have to agree that nowadays, it would be an unreasonable expectation for these drivers to learn or care about such things.

Anyways back to ABQ specific talk....

Looks just about done, transformer and all.

PXL_20220306_210703044.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220306_210718486.jpg
    PXL_20220306_210718486.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20220306_210542996.jpg
    PXL_20220306_210542996.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 107
  • PXL_20220306_210718486.jpg
    PXL_20220306_210718486.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 113
I am thinking that if it is not in the cars we own yet, then we cannot do the battery pre-conditioning. If that is the case, then we won't be able to get the maximum charging rate. Does my logic make sense, or am I missing something?
When you select a supercharger in the route planning then pre conditioning will start. Of course you need enough time to bring the battery up to ideal temperature plus a low state of charge so if you select 5 minutes away from the charger then it won't be much benefit.

I am thinking that if it is not in the cars we own yet, then we cannot do the battery pre-conditioning. If that is the case, then we won't be able to get the maximum charging rate. Does my logic make sense, or am I missing something?
A workaround for now might be to route to the other supercharger in ABQ, though since the other is V2 full speeds probably won't be achieved but better than nothing I'd imagine.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX and ölbrenner
I have done that too. Route to a nearby charger (assuming there are any) and just before you get there reroute to the new one which isn't showing yet. Won't be full preconditioned, but should help. I've also done the opposite when trying to squeeze a little more range out, to route to a non-SC address nearby & then let the SC condition the battery. Longer time to charge, but keeps the range from dropping down into anxiety territory.