Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Building out the planned SC in Grants would be a great step for the I-40 route, especially due to the recent issues with Gallup in 2020. But, the distance to Truth or Consequences is a big gap, so Socorro would be great too. What the heck, another SC in Albuquerque would be great too!!!

Reactions: starman27
Building out the planned SC in Grants would be a great step for the I-40 route, especially due to the recent issues with Gallup in 2020. But, the distance to Truth or Consequences is a big gap, so Socorro would be great too. What the heck, another SC in Albuquerque would be great too!!!

What "recent issues in Gallup"? I am planning an overnight at the Super Charger in a few weeks.

What "recent issues in Gallup"? I am planning an overnight at the Super Charger in a few weeks.
It's an old site with only four stalls and have had issues keeping all four stalls operational. Gallup was also particularly hard hit with covid early on which limited access to restrooms. If you're spending the night at the hotel there those issues shouldn't be a problem.

This summer there have some issues with this SuperCharger, though no full outages from what I recall. This past May there were roadblocks up limiting easy access to the Supercharger; hopefully that wont occur again. Also, there is no access to restrooms at this site, unless you are staying at the hotel.

This charger is in good shape, over 130kW for a good bit.

Applebees AND the hotel told us to kick rocks about using the bathroom. Stop at the Starbucks or Whole Foods (super fast wifi btw). Tesla really needs to figure out the restroom issue. I know it’s been said before but if we had kids then road tripping in a Tesla would be a deal killer, covid or not. It’s time to take a Billion or two and make this better

Reactions: kevanmann

Applebees AND the hotel told us to kick rocks about using the bathroom.

If it's something like Applebees or a basic hotel, I just walk in like I know what's up and go straight into the bathroom. Yes, it's kinda rude, but so is relieving myself in the bushes near the front door. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Applebees AND the hotel told us to kick rocks about using the bathroom. Stop at the Starbucks or Whole Foods (super fast wifi btw). Tesla really needs to figure out the restroom issue. I know it’s been said before but if we had kids then road tripping in a Tesla would be a deal killer, covid or not. It’s time to take a Billion or two and make this better
What Fiver said... But I also take issue with the "covid or not" comment. The whole reason they didn't let you use the restroom is because of covid. Finding restrooms was generally not very tough pre-covid and it isn't really that hard during the pandemic either if you plan ahead a little. Truck stops are open in every state. Rest areas are open in most states. There are other options as well. The centers of large cities are tricky but that's true even when driving a gas car.

What Fiver said... But I also take issue with the "covid or not" comment. The whole reason they didn't let you use the restroom is because of covid. Finding restrooms was generally not very tough pre-covid and it isn't really that hard during the pandemic either if you plan ahead a little. Truck stops are open in every state. Rest areas are open in most states. There are other options as well. The centers of large cities are tricky but that's true even when driving a gas car.

Covid or not some places don’t want the public using their facilities. Yes, SC’s are generally in public areas but it’s not always friendly places. I know you’ve beat this horse to death multiple times but I haven’t.

SC’s aren’t currently built with a whole building selling snacks/etc. It’s not like Tesla doesn’t have the cash to start building more mega SC’s with cafes and stuff. I know State laws are different across the country right now but if EV’s are going to be mainstream we need to stop letting this just be an early adopter issue.

I mean we’re giving suggestions on a forum about status of a SC because Tesla never responds and doesn’t have a PR dept... it’s excuses at this point for a multi-billion dollar company.

I know this exact thread isn’t the place for this whole discussion so I’ll stop here.

Reactions: kevanmann
Covid or not some places don’t want the public using their facilities. Yes, SC’s are generally in public areas but it’s not always friendly places. I know you’ve beat this horse to death multiple times but I haven’t.

SC’s aren’t currently built with a whole building selling snacks/etc. It’s not like Tesla doesn’t have the cash to start building more mega SC’s with cafes and stuff. I know State laws are different across the country right now but if EV’s are going to be mainstream we need to stop letting this just be an early adopter issue.

I mean we’re giving suggestions on a forum about status of a SC because Tesla never responds and doesn’t have a PR dept... it’s excuses at this point for a multi-billion dollar company.

I know this exact thread isn’t the place for this whole discussion so I’ll stop here.
You broadened your complaint quite a bit here. Not going to hash it out in this thread, but I want to be on record saying I don't necessarily disagree with some of this stuff. Sorry, but strawmen are a huge pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: KJD and Polly Wog
The new Albuquerque Supercharger can't come soon enough! As always, super busy today, and once again only 5 of 6 stalls functional. Before I plugged in, there were 3 others waiting behind me. They were all able to plug in, but now there are 2 more patiently waiting for an opening. To top it off, even with a 20% SOC, I peaked at 40 kW charge rate, which means I'll be here a while.

Reactions: Matsayz