Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger at Westfield White City

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand Tesla can validate your parking ticket for 1 hours free parking but has anyone had any experience of this when signed up to Westfield's 'Smart parking' where you register your registration number and a payment card and the barriers let you in and out and you are automatically charged (also receive a small discount if parked for over 2 hours)? Can Tesla somehow 'validate' that?

Reactions: drewpost
I understand Tesla can validate your parking ticket for 1 hours free parking but has anyone had any experience of this when signed up to Westfield's 'Smart parking' where you register your registration number and a payment card and the barriers let you in and out and you are automatically charged (also receive a small discount if parked for over 2 hours)? Can Tesla somehow 'validate' that?

I had a test drive there, the Tesla I was in opened the barriers automatically etc. Might be that Tesla are paying full-wack for their vehicles of course ... but might be worth an ask?

Finding the Supercharger at White City was a challenge for me ... apparently they are going to extend to the whole of that row (well, salesman told me that in confidence, so maybe pinch-of-salt applies ...) ...

Agreed. I, too struggled to find the chargers at White City. Only Supercharger location that I have found to be busy, day and night. I'm sure that is about to change with all the M3 deliveries now taking place.

I just went there yesterday and it looks like they’re building 16 new bays which should obviously really help with the congestion. Construction already underway - see attached.

Attachments

• 037D8488-D872-4504-98F0-25AA375DEDBB.jpeg
    037D8488-D872-4504-98F0-25AA375DEDBB.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: Roy W.
I think very unlikely we are going to find V3 outside of N.A. ... well, until we do :) and maybe Norway is more likely starting point, so my guess is "not yet in UK"

But White City has a Tesla showroom, Demos, and Tesla have privileged parking bays for their show cars there ... so maybe it is prestigious enough. That site likely to have plenty of supply-power too.

I think if Heathrow has enough power they would do V3 there first ...

Reactions: Rob60
Will that be the largest one in the UK now? Largest I know of have 16 stalls

Supercharger Info isn't always accurate for "upgraded" sites (nor accuracy on under-construction sites), but FWIW it says 16 Stalls is the largest and that "London - Edgware" and "Woodall Northbound" will be 32 stalls

For 16 stall sites it lists "Birmingham-Hopwood Park", "Grantham", "Oxford", "Wokingham", "Chandler's Cross, UK"

I hope they signpost White City better. I had a struggle to find the stalls when i went there (and you have to pay for parking). The shopping is so vast I wonder how effective it is as a Supercharger site. I had to double back to move my car to avoid idle fees ...

I hope they signpost White City better. I had a struggle to find the stalls when i went there (and you have to pay for parking). The shopping is so vast I wonder how effective it is as a Supercharger site. I had to double back to move my car to avoid idle fees ...
Really agree on the signposting. Went there recently on way out of London, and no joke took me 3 parking tickets to find it (leaving and coming back in for free a couple of times). Ironically it was then full, and I just though f*** it, I've got enough to get to Reading... :oops:

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I was there today. All new stalls are open (about 10) and there was a few model 3s blocking the chargers (parking not plugged in). Of the old chargers, they’ve closed off about 4-5. Rest are open.

The supercharger on the map shows the OLD stalls not the new ones. So it said 8 of 8 available but all stalls were full.

So went back today.

All chargers open (including old ones). So total probably around 20 all in.

Also, because of them not being on the system, I’ve charged twice now at the new chargers and not being charged :D the ‘cost’ resets after a few days and doesn’t appear on my account.