Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're right, a document box looks likely. Signs and lines are in. Away in the background you can see one of the models of Robert Goddard's rockets in a small park next to the Auburn Fire Station. There is also a model of his very first liquid fueled rocket. No work was done on the transformer at all.

signs 2.JPG
signs 1.JPG

I wrote to [email protected] and got the following response - NOT OPEN BEFORE THANKSGIVING :(. I was hopeful for this one or Hartford as I'm driving Boston->Hartford to pick up my wife's elderly parents and then driving to Saratoga Springs for the holiday by way of Albany SC.

Thank you for your email and feedback. The Auburn and West Hartford sites will not be open before Thanksgiving, but they are on track to open soon. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.
Best regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

(LMB spouse)

Auburn supercharger with truck.jpg

LMB and I stopped by about 10:30 AM. There were at least two NationalGrid trucks and many workers. They said they had just "hooked up the primary". Someone said that they had planned to go live before Thanksgiving, but they were having drainage problems with the site. Because of the weather and the holiday, it probably wouldn't go live until next week. They had never seen a Tesla before, so LMB gave them an extensive tour. Here's a picture of the last truck leaving.

Last edited:
Two electrical workers on site, waiting for National Grid to show up. They've "prepped for the lugs" and say it should be totally connected by tomorrow morning. Some other guy here from the engineering company measuring for a new sketch, they're going to regrade to fix the drainage issue. Looks like it should be good to go soon.