Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this dragged out process a MA "thing"? The Sagamore SC was completed a whole month before they got the clearance to turn it on.

Something similar could probably happen in Auburn, MA too.

It's weird that the process of "getting the clearance to turn it on" sometimes can take more time than the process of construction of the whole Supercharger station.

Is this dragged out process a MA "thing"? The Sagamore SC was completed a whole month before they got the clearance to turn it on.

Down in Florida, the Ocala Supercharger took a full 2 months from end of construction until it was activated. Utilities are often the bottleneck. But to be fair, getting such a large request for power capacity fulfilled is both abnormal and time-consuming on their end. Dropping 750kW on a Dunkin Donuts is not usually on their agenda :)

Well, this should get your hopes up. There is a very large 480 volt generator on a trailer, parked in front of the fence, with cables running in to the chargers/distribution area. Pics when I get home. It's not running, and there's no one here, but obviously testing is to begin soon. Guessing that must happen before transformer is turned on? Should be live soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it, saw some National Grid trucks coming from this direction as I was nearing here. Maybe it was just tested?

Well, this should get your hopes up. There is a very large 480 volt generator on a trailer, parked in front of the fence, with cables running in to the chargers/distribution bid. Pics when I get home. It's not running, and there's no one here, but obviously testing is to begin soon. Guessing that must happen before transformer is turned on? Should be live soon.

Tesla sometimes tests a Supercharger with a generator when the Supercharger is done except for the Utility Transformer connection and a test crew is available. It's a good sign that they are doing the testing, but a bad sign that the Utility Transformer is not connected.

A step in the right direction anyway. Meter is still off, but the trench repairs are complete. Here's your pics:

gen test 1.JPG
gen test 2.JPG
gen test 3.JPG

I do hope this site is up running by Sat. I am taking a friend to Logan airport (180 miles round trip)and with the cold temps reducing the car's range, I don't feel comfortable making the trip via 84/MA pike. Without Auburn, I will have to go through RI on the return trip. Yes I know that I cold stop at the Niatic Mall, but I can't plan/trust that the limited HPWC in the parking garage will be available, so close to Christmas.

Thanks for the updates.