Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Local problem is bad. This location was mostly full even before there were many 3’s out in the wild. I’ve seen ppl arrive in two cars, man in the Tesla, woman in the non Tesla. Man plugs Tesla into Supercharger then leaves with woman in the ICE car. This was with Model S, even.

I was in Austin two weekends ago. I used this SC twice. I swear both times I saw the same older blonde woman park her silver S then get in some dude's waiting white Cadillac and leave. First time there were 2 other spots open. Second time she took the last spot. The second time, I had to stay about 20 minutes because I was headed back to Dallas and she hadn't come back in that time.

• Informative
Reactions: Alphacrux
I was in Austin two weekends ago. I used this SC twice. I swear both times I saw the same older blonde woman park her silver S then get in some dude's waiting white Cadillac and leave. First time there were 2 other spots open. Second time she took the last spot. The second time, I had to stay about 20 minutes because I was headed back to Dallas and she hadn't come back in that time.
Frickin' Robert Kraft in the Cadillac again.

I'm quite surprised that no one noticed a change that was applied to this supercharger a while back. I checked a few days ago and it is still like this. I guess people here all have unlimited supercharging...

austin (Small).jpg

This Austin one is the only one in Texas that is charging by the kWh. I wonder if they somehow were able to do this because of the power company or something else, or if it's a glitch.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
The new site at the Gateway Shopping Center (near REI) is under construction - it looks huge. Don't know if this is true, but one of the nearby store managers told me that it will be the biggest charging station in Texas upon completion. Based on what I saw today, I'd be shocked if this is not operational by the end of the year.

The new site at the Gateway Shopping Center (near REI) is under construction - it looks huge. Don't know if this is true, but one of the nearby store managers told me that it will be the biggest charging station in Texas upon completion. Based on what I saw today, I'd be shocked if this is not operational by the end of the year.
Yes, 18>10 (Waco and others).
End of year? Most superchargers are completed by 4 weeks once construction starts. But the Middle Fiskville Rd. one took months to pass inspection, so maybe you’re right.

Anybody else notice funny behavior on stall 1A? seems to charge at erratic rates and pause randomly
I've always avoided 1A, even if it's the only one available (particularly if it's the only one available). I hate the idea of backing up down that long row of parked cars while everyone watches, silently hoping and praying that I don't screw up and run into one of their vehicles. :)

Reactions: Electroman
I've always avoided 1A, even if it's the only one available (particularly if it's the only one available). I hate the idea of backing up down that long row of parked cars while everyone watches, silently hoping and praying that I don't screw up and run into one of their vehicles. :)
no need to back up, just a 10point turn into the spot from the very end of the curb ;)