Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bensalem, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bensalem is live!
5BCC88C6-B81C-43F1-9E50-4D937A12ABA1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Working on confirming v3, but I'd bet any new SuperCharger at this point is (not including urban chargers of course)

I didn't stick around that long but would have expected a V3 to give me more than 66 kW on my LRM3. It did not. Possibly limited due to some kind of inspection protocol. (Wild guess...)

This one is so close to my better half's job we may have actually used it occasionally for a little free juice when he needed an excuse to step away from his desk considering we have free supercharging for life on the 2014 Model S. But since they throttled us to death it's not even worth it. Sigh...

Attachments

• IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    609.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Xenius
I didn't stick around that long but would have expected a V3 to give me more than 66 kW on my LRM3. It did not. Possibly limited due to some kind of inspection protocol. (Wild guess...)

This one is so close to my better half's job we may have actually used it occasionally for a little free juice when he needed an excuse to step away from his desk considering we have free supercharging for life on the 2014 Model S. But since they throttled us to death it's not even worth it. Sigh...

I think your at the right level given you have 156 miles of charge. Did you pre select the site to warm up the battery? I had similar charging rates at that state of charge.

I checked it out - Thursday, 21-May, at about 6pm. Model S LR Raven 2019. Battery was at about 65%. I didn't get more than 69kW.

It's closer to Turnpike Exit 352 than I thought although all that construction around the Route 1 interchange is annoying. Nonetheless, I'll check it out again (I have couple of thousand free Supercharger miles that expire at the end of June) and report back.

Charged at Bensalem the other day. One Model 3 and some bozo with an ICE parked at the end stall.

I have a 2016 just post facelift Model S 90D Lud. I didn’t see much difference in charge rate. Probably my car isn’t as capable as the newer models.

But regardless it’s so nice having a SC relatively close to my house. I can only charge at 16 mph at home due antiquated wiring. I would have to spend about $5K. Usually 16 mph is fine and I can get a full charge overnight.

But if I drive a lot in the morning and need the car later on that day I’m kinda screwed. So a local SC really helps out.

Charged at Bensalem the other day. One Model 3 and some bozo with an ICE parked at the end stall.

I have a 2016 just post facelift Model S 90D Lud. I didn’t see much difference in charge rate. Probably my car isn’t as capable as the newer models.

But regardless it’s so nice having a SC relatively close to my house. I can only charge at 16 mph at home due antiquated wiring. I would have to spend about $5K. Usually 16 mph is fine and I can get a full charge overnight.

But if I drive a lot in the morning and need the car later on that day I’m kinda screwed. So a local SC really helps out.

Glad it's finally near enough by that you can get it if you need it. I don't recognize your name as having ever met but once upon a time a Model S was a rare sight in our part of the world. (I'm in NE Philly, owner since 2014.)

I’m assuming your battery didn’t get capped for supercharging speed, correct? Just curious.

I frequent that Wawa to get hoagies when we go to the race track. Just found out about the chargers there. Stoked.

While I doubt I'll even need it, it's nice to know it's there. Usually start road trips at 95% at home, but sometimes limp home at 5-10% and it's so close the the turnpike that it's a no brainer to spend a few minutes there. Usually hit a Wawa in Willow Grove to grab something to eat late night after a long leg home, so one exit more or less on the 'pike is a winner!

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and madodel