Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomsburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we mentioned Penn State, I've submitted a request for a SC in a Sheetz by PSU. There are some serious gaps in central and northern PA that can make it difficult. I thought State College would be a good location for those going east/west or even north from MD/VA.

Reactions: madodel
I've been after Penn State to install destination chargers at the Nittany Lion Inn and The Penn Stater for over a year. They received a proposal from Tesla and voted it down. I don't know why.

PSU has gone out to bid to install generic electric vehicle charging stations on campus. Below is an email I received from Rob DeMayo, Dir. of Transportation Services, relative to that bid.

Good afternoon Mr. Kozinn,

Thanks for the follow up note, good to hear from you. We have received a number of responses from our RFP, which we’ll be evaluating in the coming weeks. So, we’ve made some great progress! Sorry we cannot accommodate the charging of your Tesla at the Penn State or NLI, but, keep in touch, we’ll get there. We’d definitely rather have you staying at one of our hotels.

Any other questions, please just let me know. And, as always, feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Best,

Rob DeMayo

Director of Transportation Services

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we mentioned Penn State, I've submitted a request for a SC in a Sheetz by PSU. There are some serious gaps in central and northern PA that can make it difficult. I thought State College would be a good location for those going east/west or even north from MD/VA.
Rumored that one is targeted for Bellefonte but no site identified publicly yet. Dubois as well and next time I'm back to northeast PA I'm going to drive up to Ruby Tuesday's in Dickson City to see if there's a sneak one going in there.

Anyone know if Bloomsburg is live yet?
I was coming home from Penn State to Connecticut today so I called the Ruby Tuesday restaurant in Bloomsbury and asked if the Superchargers were up and running. They said no. I charged at The Penn Stater in University Park. They are very accommodating of guests who stay there. They actually pull out electric cable and set me up for a 19-20 mile/hour charge. That's ok with me since I'm plugged in overnight. I was told they will be installing Tesla chargers and generic chargers very soon. They have put the work out to bid.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP

Pittsburgh, PA to Bloomsburg, PA ~ 220 miles.
Hagerstown, MD to State College, PA ~ 148 miles.

Although something is needed on I-99, State College wouldn't seem to help that much.
Sheetz #33 in Bellwood, PA looks like a good location. Altoona also has a bunch of mall areas off I-99 but at the southern end is about 128 miles from Bloomsburg, which might be more than ideal for winter.

It's definitely live! Just stopped by and noticed the plastic bags were off. I called the Ruby Tuesday and they confirmed it's operational. I couldn't check it myself since I'm waiting for my Model 3. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20161016_110218.jpg
    IMG_20161016_110218.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: madodel
Pittsburgh, PA to Bloomsburg, PA ~ 220 miles.
Hagerstown, MD to State College, PA ~ 148 miles.

Although something is needed on I-99, State College wouldn't seem to help that much.
Sheetz #33 in Bellwood, PA looks like a good location. Altoona also has a bunch of mall areas off I-99 but at the southern end is about 128 miles from Bloomsburg, which might be more than ideal for winter.
When I charged at The Penn Stater Hotel last weekend the guy who "hooked me up" said that Tesla chargers are "out to bid". He wasn't sure if The Nittany Lion Inn was getting them as well. He said they were Superchargers but I think they will be destination chargers. That would be fine with me since Bloomsburg is open for business.

I agree with your assessment but going north from Central PA is a trip. State College is a nice midway point between existing superchargers in case you needed to make a trip to Buffalo per say. The population density booms there as well on weekends so a supercharger, although potentially unnecessary, would go a long way to easing concerns for some who may have a 60 or 75.