Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA - 201st Place Southeast (LIVE 21 Mar 2024, 12 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Great to see more superchargers in the area. I’m always struggling to find a decent spot to stop after hitting the slopes in Stevens Pass. The Monroe one is too early to stop and along 405 in Bellevue area is always busy with the lack of v3 (v4 nowadays) stations.
The one v3 charger in Kirkland is always busy and the 72kw chargers in Bellevue is underwhelming. I don’t know how commuters in Bellevue area deal with this since everytime i go there i see so many EVs.

Great to see more superchargers in the area. I’m always struggling to find a decent spot to stop after hitting the slopes in Stevens Pass. The Monroe one is too early to stop and along 405 in Bellevue area is always busy with the lack of v3 (v4 nowadays) stations.
The one v3 charger in Kirkland is always busy and the 72kw chargers in Bellevue is underwhelming. I don’t know how commuters in Bellevue area deal with this since everytime i go there i see so many EVs.
Most have home charging.

Reactions: blue y
Was just dealing with this yesterday coming back from Steven’s Pass. I’d highly recommend the CCS adapter. There are a ton of reliable EvGo and EA stations in the Bellevue/Kirkland area that rarely have a wait. I drove past the new Kirkland supercharger yesterday, saw the line, and hit up the EA station 2 minutes up the road with no wait.

Reactions: Mulkogi
Like a mile from my house, I've been keeping an eye on the permit page for final xD. No idea when I'd use the thing instead of just going home, but it's there.
One use case I tried out the other day (at the other Bothell Supercharger) is warming up your battery before a long drive when it's cold out. I've seen reports that the cabin can be heated from excess battery heat, so this approach could result in (marginally) longer range. Would be nice to easily see the battery temperature, to get an idea when to stop such a 'warm up' charge. And yes, this will likely cost more dollar-wise than just preconditioning before leaving home. But that doesn't get the battery nearly as warm as supercharging. It's also possible that just driving puts enough heat in the battery to help with cabin heating. That's another question that a battery temperature gauge would help answer.

One use case I tried out the other day (at the other Bothell Supercharger) is warming up your battery before a long drive when it's cold out. I've seen reports that the cabin can be heated from excess battery heat, so this approach could result in (marginally) longer range. Would be nice to easily see the battery temperature, to get an idea when to stop such a 'warm up' charge. And yes, this will likely cost more dollar-wise than just preconditioning before leaving home. But that doesn't get the battery nearly as warm as supercharging. It's also possible that just driving puts enough heat in the battery to help with cabin heating. That's another question that a battery temperature gauge would help answer.
Just open service mode and you can see all the temps. Seems kind of unnecessary strategy though lol

Reactions: PLUS EV
I did go by last night and it seemed a ways from opening, so next week seems about right. For one thing there were lamposts still lying on the ground. I suppose they could open before mounting those, but it would be uncommon.

Another thing I noticed is it looks like the Rock Pizza has gone out of business which is unfortunate for this location. They had a sign on the door saying "closed for renovations," but then there was a "call this number to lease this space" sign in the window too. Don't think that would be there if they were actually going to re-open.

I did go by last night and it seemed a ways from opening, so next week seems about right. For one thing there were lamposts still lying on the ground. I suppose they could open before mounting those, but it would be uncommon.

Another thing I noticed is it looks like the Rock Pizza has gone out of business which is unfortunate for this location. They had a sign on the door saying "closed for renovations," but then there was a "call this number to lease this space" sign in the window too. Don't think that would be there if they were actually going to re-open.
Yeah, the local jurisdiction will not sign off on a permit if everything isn't done.