Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA - 201st Place Southeast (LIVE 21 Mar 2024, 12 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to charge My Model 3 at 7:15 PM on 3/20. The pedestals were lit and it charged in my first attempt. I was only getting 70kw but most likely from a cold battery because you can’t pre-condition if the car doesn’t know about the charger yet.

Here is my proof;
IMG_1276.jpeg

I was able to charge My Model 3 at 7:15 PM on 3/20. The pedestals were lit and it charged in my first attempt. I was only getting 70kw but most likely from a cold battery because you can’t pre-condition if the car doesn’t know about the charger yet.

Here is my proof;
View attachment 1030183
But not yet on the App. Looks like they are updating website first now for some reason.
@Big Earl @Guacahummus @corywright

Reactions: Big Earl
Interesting. Guessing that means there is some govt money at work here.
No government money, Washington State signed laws that require all new charging infrastructure installed in the state to be open to the public. So Tesla is now only installing V4 superchargers with Magic Dock and credit card readers. Grandfathered locations like Sammamish will not require retrofits but all future sites must be accessible to the public. This rule takes affect Jan 1, 2025 but chargers installed beyond Jan 1, 2024 must comply. So going forward only V4 installs will be permitted in Washington State. This information came from someone very close to these projects with lots of knowledge. This is the same reason why Washington installs have been exclusively V4 since start of the year and many sites have been sitting without their posts. There is a massive backlog on V4 posts but because they're now required it means they're waiting. They also mentioned early V4 sites like Wilsonville will likely never have their credit card readers enabled as the credit card readers are exclusive to NEVI funded sites and/or states like WA that require it. :)

No government money, Washington State signed laws that require all new charging infrastructure installed in the state to be open to the public. So Tesla is now only installing V4 superchargers with Magic Dock and credit card readers. Grandfathered locations like Sammamish will not require retrofits but all future sites must be accessible to the public. This rule takes affect Jan 1, 2025 but chargers installed beyond Jan 1, 2024 must comply. So going forward only V4 installs will be permitted in Washington State. This information came from someone very close to these projects with lots of knowledge. This is the same reason why Washington installs have been exclusively V4 since start of the year and many sites have been sitting without their posts. There is a massive backlog on V4 posts but because they're now required it means they're waiting. They also mentioned early V4 sites like Wilsonville will likely never have their credit card readers enabled as the credit card readers are exclusive to NEVI funded sites and/or states like WA that require it. :)
Is this by WAC or through funding allocation for the NEVI and the state cap and invest funds or something? I don't recall any legislation last session explicitly saying that?

Interesting. Guessing that means there is some govt money at work here.
As far as I know, WA hasn't awarded Tesla any money for DC fast charging.

It does look like some money has been given out to other charging providers/projects though. For example, here's an awards announcement from late 2023: https://wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-10/23-25-WSDOT-ZEVIP-NOPA-REVISED.pdf. Unfortunately, it doesn't say if Tesla was one of the applicants who did not receive an award, but I doubt they were given the status of the Supercharger network at that point in time.

With regards to NEVI specifically, I can't find any announcements that list applicants/winners of that money. However, I would think that should be happening soon based off of the timelines indicated in this document: https://wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-09/WSDOT-NEVI-Plan-Update.pdf

As far as I know, WA hasn't awarded Tesla any money for DC fast charging.

It does look like some money has been given out to other charging providers/projects though. For example, here's an awards announcement from late 2023: https://wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-10/23-25-WSDOT-ZEVIP-NOPA-REVISED.pdf. Unfortunately, it doesn't say if Tesla was one of the applicants who did not receive an award, but I doubt they were given the status of the Supercharger network at that point in time.

With regards to NEVI specifically, I can't find any announcements that list applicants/winners of that money. However, I would think that should be happening soon based off of the timelines indicated in this document: https://wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-09/WSDOT-NEVI-Plan-Update.pdf
There are several programs for charger monies fwiw, ZEVIP is from WSDOT, but there's also the "underserved" and "overburdened" area programs from the dept of commerce... A lot of those perpetually broken 2 handle chargepoint or similar slower chargers in locations that make no sense often get funded by programs like these usually in connection with a local utility or tribe. EV Charging Program Comparison | Washington Electric Vehicle Charging

Do you have a source for this? Very interesting legislation. I’m curious what “open to the public” actually means. Do other charging providers need to service Tesla drivers or are they public enough as is? I think I know the answer (call me cynical) but I’d like to read the text.

It showed up this morning when I loaded the map, it was not there last night for me even showing all charger locations and scrolling around there was nothing in that location. I'm sure the charger list was just cached at some layer and needed updating. It is also not showing up under the Charge Your Other EV section either, even with Ford Lightning and adapter selected. I presume that will likely change at some point.

Reactions: Spaghett
It showed up this morning when I loaded the map, it was not there last night for me even showing all charger locations and scrolling around there was nothing in that location. I'm sure the charger list was just cached at some layer and needed updating. It is also not showing up under the Charge Your Other EV section either, even with Ford Lightning and adapter selected. I presume that will likely change at some point.
I charged there a little before midnight and it wasn't in my Nav either. Haven't checked again yet today.