Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on Brandon Petro Canada charger. MB Hydro just fired the transformer up and are currently on site. The tech is currently testing the units and they are hoping to flip the switch about 3:30 today. Going to be a number of people there for the opening. Had a really nice conversation with the Saskatchewan/Manitoba supervisor.
Unfortunately, no adapters, just adopters :D there.
OH, there are others going in, in Portage & east of Winnipeg.
Tried to purchase a CHAdeMO adapter for my travels, but Tesla are sold out.

My last post about Petro Canada Charger. It is open & operational.
Bolt in the background and Model S in the foreground. Free charging for a period of time.
Petro Can YBR 20191106.jpg

If I etransfer you $20, can you stop at Tim’s and grab them some coffee and let them know that many people are monitoring their work every day because it’s important to us, and we really appreciate them. That’s gotta be a tough job, I’d like to prevent it from also being thankless.

No need for you to send money, I'll pay. I was thinking of doing it just after I took the photos. Will do it for their afternoon coffee break, as I have a time sensitive mission right now.
Yesterday when they were firing up the Petro Can charger, I asked Tom, the area supervisor, where the coffee and donuts were!
Had thought they might want to get inside though. I know when I was working outside, I would try to have coffee inside.

I was down to the site again today and they have the pedestals mounted as well as all the equipment and the signage.
Still cutting & pulling wire to the pedestals.
Found out they prefer Hot Chocolate & Tim Bits, so told them I'll keep supplying them with both until they leave.
They "REALLY APPRECIATE" THE TREATS
and the warmth! Gonna get quite a bit colder.
This IS the last site in the chain for this crew, and they figure 5 days to get it completed. This is day #2 and they will be working all weekend so I guess the installation will be completed by Monday evening. Never asked about them working on Remembrance Day (Nov 11).
Probably will get down there again later today to take photos. I forgot to do it when we delivered the Hot Chocolate & Tim Bits. For our southern neighbors, Tim Bits are the cut out donut holes, deep fried and coatings applied.

Last edited:
That's great news that this will be their last site they are working on. Really cant wait for them to turn them on! Will also be nice to have so that I can make it out to see my sister in Russell. Would be nice if they installed chargers along highway 16 too. Maybe one day, but clearly not a priority haha!

Reactions: wdelacruz
Snowed overnight & today. They are making good progress. Looks like they have the wires all pulled. They said that the Tesla tester is right on their tail, so I suspect that by Tuesday, it will be all checked out & ready to roll.
Was a bit late getting their Tim Bits and Hot Chocolate to them today.
Got my update last night. Not difficult learning to use one pedal as I almost used it before except for the hold. It reported a traffic light as a traffic cone.
YBR Snow 1 20191109.jpg
YBR Snow 2 20191109.jpg

I delivered the last batch of Tim Bits and XL Hot Chocolate to the crew. Some are leaving today and the trailers are being packed up. They are still working on the feeds from the transformer and one bit of the equipment.
The crew that is left will complete the cleanup tomorrow and then I guess it will be TESLA TESTING TIME!
Photos tomorrow, once it gets all cleaned up.

As an aside, the e-zine publisher that is writing an article on this would like to know the $ cost to charge. I heard it was different rates for different charge rates and currency.
If you can post or PM them or have a current link I would appreciate knowing it. I have never used a SuC. The last update I can find is here.

I delivered the last batch of Tim Bits and XL Hot Chocolate to the crew. Some are leaving today and the trailers are being packed up. They are still working on the feeds from the transformer and one bit of the equipment.
The crew that is left will complete the cleanup tomorrow and then I guess it will be TESLA TESTING TIME!
Photos tomorrow, once it gets all cleaned up.

As an aside, the e-zine publisher that is writing an article on this would like to know the $ cost to charge. I heard it was different rates for different charge rates and currency.
If you can post or PM them or have a current link I would appreciate knowing it. I have never used a SuC. The last update I can find is here.
In the US it's a different rate for each state. I believe in some (or all?) provinces, you cannot charge by kWh so they charge by time instead. Given that there currently is no supercharger in Manitoba, I doubt we will know what Tesla will charge here until one of them opens and they start charging.