Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just was at the corral center where the Brandon
20191116_162555.jpg
supercharger will be and saw this

Fence is still up. Removal is scheduled for Monday. No lights on the pedestals and as of Friday night it had not been inspected by the "Men in Black" I was told they do the inspection with a 100 D & one of the crew was looking forward to a ride in it.
I have a 100D and will gladly meet them there Thursday afternoon on my way out to the GC;).

Reactions: DMC-Orangeville
I have a 100D and will gladly meet them there Thursday afternoon on my way out to the GC;).
Bring your CHAdeMO adapter - at least the Petro Can at the corner of #1 & #10 is working so you can charge there. Might still be free!
The Tesla site is at the next set of lights (1 mile west) and then south down the hill - look east towards Walmart when going down the hill. They were supposed to remove the fence, but so far it is still up. We leave for Texas tomorrow for 3 weeks, then London, so no more reports from me, unless something happens today.
Hoping Canada Route gets turned on while we are away as we will be in London for Christmas and would like to return via the Canadian Route.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Bring your CHAdeMO adapter - at least the Petro Can at the corner of #1 & #10 is working so you can charge there. Might still be free!
The Tesla site is at the next set of lights (1 mile west) and then south down the hill - look east towards Walmart when going down the hill. They were supposed to remove the fence, but so far it is still up. We leave for Texas tomorrow for 3 weeks, then London, so no more reports from me, unless something happens today.
Hoping Canada Route gets turned on while we are away as we will be in London for Christmas and would like to return via the Canadian Route.
Oh, I have my chad. Since I'm taking the TCH across, I'm going to drop in on a few to see the progress. For the first time ever, I'm thankful for Petrocan :D

Reactions: outdoors
Lol....no...I do want to make it to Calgary before the game.
Thanks, appreciate any extra info you can give us!

My personal top questions:

* Do Hydro One-supplied Superchargers have transformers yet? North Bay/Deep River and Thunder Bay have independent utilities and transformers have been verified at all those stations, but there seems to have been a significant gap for the remainder (I don't know that I've seen a confirmed one at a Hydro One site yet). As an example, Thunder Bay's transformer is on the left end in this picture (grey, although many are dark green - Tesla's equipment is all white):
7c884cb4-6e54-4e10-9898-da3a23de271f-jpeg.472850

By comparison, Nipigon had a palette over the concrete pad where the transformer would go as of last image:
img_4033-jpg.476336

* Has digging started in Batchawana Bay or Upsala? Neither has yet been confirmed having any dirt moved

* Are any pedestals lit up at any stations you see? Illuminated pedestal should be super obvious at night time driving by without slowing down much (I was able to see Espanola, Blind River, Sault Ste Marie, White River, Terrace Bay and Nipigon easily from my route, but Wawa was off the highway a bit)

Thanks, and have a good trip!!

Thanks, appreciate any extra info you can give us!

My personal top questions:

* Do Hydro One-supplied Superchargers have transformers yet? North Bay/Deep River and Thunder Bay have independent utilities and transformers have been verified at all those stations, but there seems to have been a significant gap for the remainder (I don't know that I've seen a confirmed one at a Hydro One site yet).

Sault Ste. Marie has a power company transformer also (independent utilities)

Hydro One Distribution Territory:
https://www.hydroone.com/publishingimages/hero banner images/hydro one distribution territory.jpg

Maybe this isn't new but I haven't seen those signs before. What does "Tesla 15 minute General Parking" mean? Does it mean that ICE vehicles can park for up to 15 minutes? Does it mean that Teslas can park for only 15 minutes while charging. Kind of reminds of signs on the 407 that were changed from:
IMG_6356.JPG

to:
IMG_7723.JPG

Maybe this isn't new but I haven't seen those signs before. What does "Tesla 15 minute General Parking" mean? Does it mean that ICE vehicles can park for up to 15 minutes? Does it mean that Teslas can park for only 15 minutes while charging. Kind of reminds of signs on the 407 that were changed from:
IMG_6356.JPG

to:
IMG_7723.JPG

General parking means if you are not a Tesla. Move it in 15 minutes or less. As in a non Tesla can park there for 15 minutes. So it can be ICE'd for a time.