Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bridgewater, NJ

Which location would you prefer?

• West - Off of 202 (Wegman's, Ruby Tuesday's)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • East - Off of 287 (Bridgewater Promenade/WaWa)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Central - Off of 202/28 (Bridgewater Mall, Barnes & Noble, Somerville Circle)

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
Starting a new thread as some posts started cluttering some other ones.

What we know:
It's slated for 2018, but may change.

Speculated Locations:
New Whole Foods Shopping Center off of 287
Bridgewater Mall off of 287
WaWa off of 287
Bridgewater Promenade off 287
Barnes & Noble off of 287/202
Wegmans/Ruby Tuesday parking lot off of 202.
Quick Chek (In Raritan/Somerville Circle, not Bridgewater)

I spoke with someone who works in a surrounding town and it seems Tesla might have a desire to stay close to 287. I was told they originally wanted to go into a shopping area in Bedminster/Pluckemin to provide a connection north/south as well as east/west; but "due to politics" it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Reactions: GreenMachina
Re: poll, I think Central and East are comparably good, and within those areas, the specific property (and its associated traffic congestion and amenities) will play as big a role as the proximity to major routes.

I just want one that is conveniently located. In my view the most obvious spot would be in the vicinity of Crate & Barrel because like other non-restaurants in the "Villages", there is ample parking over there and at least something to do while you wait. Right now there is nothing at all on 287 between Edison and Tarrytown, and nothing at all in NJ that is west of Route 1 or Paramus.

I just want one that is conveniently located. In my view the most obvious spot would be in the vicinity of Crate & Barrel because like other non-restaurants in the "Villages", there is ample parking over there and at least something to do while you wait. Right now there is nothing at all on 287 between Edison and Tarrytown, and nothing at all in NJ that is west of Route 1 or Paramus.

Well that’s not fair, route 1 cuts westward into PA midway through NJ!! And there’s one in bordentown for western NJ. Also technically the Edison Supefchargers are JUST west of route 1;)

But I do agree. I hate going up the turnpike, and parkway to get further north. I typically take 287 into NY and the Bridgewater and/or Parsippany installations would help tremendously and save probably the 30-45min on my trips.

What we know:

Speculated Locations:
WaWa off of 287

I spoke with someone who works in a surrounding town and it seems Tesla might have a desire to stay close to 287. I was told they originally wanted to go into a shopping area in Bedminster/Pluckemin to provide a connection north/south as well as east/west; but "due to politics" it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Bedminster NJ is the town that fought tooth and nail against allowing New Jersey State Police Medevac helicopter (NorthSTAR) to have its hangar/homebase at a small airport in the town. The wealthy occupants (or a vocal minority of them) didn't want to be troubled by a helicopter that transports trauma patients to distant trauma centers. Mind you, were these residents to suffer a serious fall, a burn, a motor vehicle accident on roads they drive everyday, the chopper would be there waiting to transport before the fire department finished cutting the victims out of the car.

The wealthy occupants (or a vocal minority of them)

Doesn't Trump live in Bedminster?

Mind you, were these residents to suffer a serious fall, a burn, a motor vehicle accident on roads they drive everyday, the chopper would be there waiting to transport before the fire department finished cutting the victims out of the car.

That is a serious issue. Rt 78 is brutal, I've been at a full stop on 78 more than any other highway in NJ due to some massive truck crash.

Aside from that, slight update. I put in a call to the WaWa and the shopping center by Costco. Neither had any knowledge of plans for a supercharger going up in their location.

The positive to a QuickChek or a WaWA is they are open 24/7 plus holidays with access to bathrooms versus a mall or an area with traditional restaurants that likely close somewhere before/after midnight. The drawback to a WaWa or QuickChek is the limited menu.

What we know:

Speculated Locations:
WaWa off of 287

I heard they're going to put it at the Trump golf course because he's such a strong supporter of clean energy...$200k entry fee... That would keep the lines at a minimum! It would be funny :D:D:D you have to admit.

I heard they're going to put it at the Trump golf course because he's such a strong supporter of clean energy...$200k entry fee... That would keep the lines at a minimum! It would be funny :D:D:D you have to admit.

We need to stop short selling Tesla! They make an incredible product that sells it self. Trump or Clean Energy has very little to do with the success or failure of this company. I purchased my Model S because I wanted to drive the best car on earth and I am both extremely happy with my car and our president #trump2020

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
We need to stop short selling Tesla! They make an incredible product that sells it self. Trump or Clean Energy has very little to do with the success or failure of this company. I purchased my Model S because I wanted to drive the best car on earth and I am both extremely happy with my car and our president #trump2020
No short here ...I don't even trade Tesla. However, no apologies for my political views... That orange paint smudge has single handedly ruined this country and destroyed all our values. Romney had it right ... "He's a fraud, a phoney... ". One born every minute!

Reactions: preilly44
I know Bridgewater is a large amoeba shaped thing. Any chance it will be in the new Quick-check on the Somerville Circle. I know Quick-Check has a supercharger up in Kingston NY. Guess that may not technically be Bridgewater.

I know Bridgewater is a large amoeba shaped thing. Any chance it will be in the new Quick-check on the Somerville Circle. I know Quick-Check has a supercharger up in Kingston NY. Guess that may not technically be Bridgewater.

I know a couple of people at Quick Check corporate and asked them directly if the Super Charger will be installed at their new location in Bridgewater and I got no response. As you can imagine this has become very competitive with Wawa currently winning the race. The no response to my question meant yes to me. We shall see!

I know a couple of people at Quick Check corporate and asked them directly if the Super Charger will be installed at their new location in Bridgewater and I got no response. As you can imagine this has become very competitive with Wawa currently winning the race. The no response to my question meant yes to me. We shall see!

I barked up this tree as well. The new quickchek is in Raritan, the minutes an application is with that district. I found it at one point and it only references gas fuel stations and didn’t include a permit for EV charging. It could’ve been amended of course..

There was also supposed to be a Quichek in Bridgewater on 22 to open, but that’s caught up in a legal battle. It’s amazing what I’ve learned trying to find supercharger Info...

I barked up this tree as well. The new quickchek is in Raritan, the minutes an application is with that district. I found it at one point and it only references gas fuel stations and didn’t include a permit for EV charging. It could’ve been amended of course..

There was also supposed to be a Quichek in Bridgewater on 22 to open, but that’s caught up in a legal battle. It’s amazing what I’ve learned trying to find supercharger Info...
Im just hoping this thing opens soon. I doubt by the end of the year with Tesla giving no indication of a opening date but who knows with Tesla.

Drove by the Somerset Shopping Center today, didn't see any mobilization for construction in that plaza. :(

I think its safe to assuming its going to so somewhere near Chimney Rock/Whole Flood Plaza?
Chimney Rock Plaza would be a good location. Easy access from 287N or S. Best if it would be opposite the Whole Foods store since there are a few restaurants on the other side of the road.