Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA (temporary closure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The two previously damaged stations have their cables draped over the top, meaning they aren't working. The one that was most severely damaged, hasn't worked since the unit was replaced. I wonder if there's some service needed to reactivate them. I was really cheered up when they replaced the damaged towers.... but they don't work. The in-car map says only one is not in service. Couple of days ago it said two not working. In the pix, the closest one was really damaged badly, the far one was less damaged.
DamagedSC's at Buellton.jpg

I’m staying at this hotel but man is this supercharger a mess. Between the ICEing and the being full often and the accompanying terrible speeds I’d do everything possible to skip it. I have the feeling Tesla is just going to let the lease expire and go elsewhere. I’m guessing it’s not worth even addressing the current broken one. It’s been broken for months.

Reactions: goldengate
I’m staying at this hotel but man is this supercharger a mess. Between the ICEing and the being full often and the accompanying terrible speeds I’d do everything possible to skip it. I have the feeling Tesla is just going to let the lease expire and go elsewhere. I’m guessing it’s not worth even addressing the current broken one. It’s been broken for months.
This is one of my top visited SCs and I've never personally seen any ICE'ing. It does get busy, but I haven't needed to wait for a stall and the charging speeds seem comparable to most L2 SCs, which I try now to avoid most of the time. The one stall has been out of service for months and that's annoying. When the Santa Maria location goes in, the need to stop here drops considerably for anyone in a rush.

One reason I really like this location is proximity to Firestone Brewing, which is just a few minutes walk down the road. If the charging rate was any faster, I wouldn't have time to finish lunch! It also has very clean bathrooms and a nice hotel lobby to hang out in.

We stay at this hotel every time when heading to LA from SF and we are doing wine tasting on The way down. It makes for a super convenient option - stay and then charge right there. The marriott needs to know that if it goes away, then many of us won’t be staying here anymore. I realized this isn’t entirely a Marriott decision, however.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
For the boots on the ground Marriot folks it’s probably a net negative, considering they’ve got to be regularly dealing with aggro ICErs and entitled Tesla owners.

It’s also a popular hotel for Vandy, both ‘official’ boondogglers and also nerdy folks that want to catch a launch. I’d always put my campaign team up in that hotel even though its farther from base. :p

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
badly needed upgrade + expansion, coming soon?
Definitely needed. I stopped by last night and there was one other car charging. I was getting 64 kW after preconditioning and my battery at 9%. I tried a different stall that was numbered differently and ended up getting 47 kW. Even after the only other person there left, my speed didn't increase. Sounds like it might be getting a V3 or V4 upgrade?

Last edited:
Remember the SC in Vandenberg Village (20 miles away) is almost on line. Last i saw there, they were in wait mode for the transformer. I really want the Buellton to come back as well. It's my go-to SC as i only live 8 miles away. Yes, Anderson's Pea Soup is gone, but it was getting seedier and seedier these last couple of years. Ellen's for b/l/d is a good option.... south down towards the RV park. Mother Hubbards across the street from Anderson's is good for breakfast.

• Informative
Reactions: 2TNE