Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA (temporary closure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.54 software shows Normal, IL Superchargers, but new CA ones aren't there, so I'm guessing SC's get added to the Nav system only with new software updates, not independently.

I dont think this is the case. As Normal started showing up on older 4.5 versions too. So, it is reading a database (one that apparently hasn't been updated yet), they are not hardcoded in firmware releases.

Hardcoded in firmware would be asinine. I'd fire a software developer for doing something so foolish. It's likely a simple XML file with a version number that gets pulled periodically. Just wait.

We drove from LA to Santa Barbara yesterday, then up to Buellton to charge. As noted earlier, Buellton does not show in the nav list of Superchargers. We used teslamotors.com (BTW, it doesn't load without the "www", but that's another story) to find the location, which as mentioned is at the Marriott but I'd forgotten.

One thing to note is that the parking lines need to be redrawn. Don't try to park between the lines. Park between the chargers. Of the 8 spots, the end ones line up but the lines are closer than the chargers so the center ones are messed up. My car is the middle one and I'm inches away from the charger as I tried to stay between the lines (didn't think to get a picture showing this clearly).

We met another couple there and talked for 20 minutes (about Teslas of course) before realizing we knew each other from the recording studios. :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 695
We stopped by at noon today and charged up. initially had some difficulty connecting and called the toll free number. They checked and said their system showed all 8 online and available and right at that moment ours went green and we were charging incredibly fast. We were at 80% in less than 20 minutes (from 54 rated miles). We are in Morro Bay for the night and will be stopping at Atascadero tomorrow after lunch on our way to Carmel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 522
A few photos of Buelton CA Supercharger. I try to get photos from a distance because there are already many of the superchargers close up. In the last picture you may not be able to see the superchargers. It is a view from McDonald's looking at the walk between the two.

IMG_9211.jpg
IMG_9212.jpg
IMG_9214.jpg
IMG_9216.jpg
IMG_9220.jpg