Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shocking really. No notice, it just popped up.

Mapleview mall,just off the QEW. Knocked this image off the Ontario tesla group
20180509_204734.jpg

IMHO there will be no solar canopies until Tesla has significant positive operating cash flow, save for a few flagship locations (Baker CA, etc).

I here you but Tesla is getting a screaming bargain with our dollar so low right now and it looks like Ontario Model 3 order rate is something in the order of the 4th highest state so we are a significant market. With demand prices here it could be financially sensible to start the solar canopy installs. Also there is great visibility from the highway as advertising. Using renewables to feed superchargers is one of the only remaining promises Elon has not fully followed through on yet.

We can only hope.

I here you but Tesla is getting a screaming bargain with our dollar so low right now and it looks like Ontario Model 3 order rate is something in the order of the 4th highest state so we are a significant market.
I'm not sure the current level of Tesla ownership in the Toronto/Hamilton area, but based on the Supercharger rollout/density it looks like California numbers. There's like 11 Superchargers operating/under construction in a 100 mile radius.

With demand prices here it could be financially sensible to start the solar canopy installs. Also there is great visibility from the highway as advertising. Using renewables to feed superchargers is one of the only remaining promises Elon has not fully followed through on yet.
If demand charges are the issue, they should install Power Packs at Supercharger sites to smooth out their loads.

In terms of lowering emissions from power required for Superchargers, I'd far rather Tesla install solar canopies in jurisdictions that have much higher carbon emission intensity than our power grid in Ontario. Putting solar on SC sites in Ontario would be strictly for vanity purposes.

Ontario power stats – Canadian Energy Issues

Compare this to almost any US state and I'd far rather they put solar on every SC site in the US before they touch Ontario.