Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any suggestions for charging in Burlington while we wait for the supercharger to open? I'll be charging in West Lebanon on the way up to burlington Friday night. spending the night in Burlington and then Saturday morning heading over to Hill Farmstead in Greensboro Bend, VT on Saturday for some beer tasting and then returning to Burlington. I'll need to top off my battery friday night before the trek to Greensboro Bend and will then need to charge again saturday night for a few before commuting back to West Lebanon. Any good charging suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

If you have the chademo adapter, Freedom Nissan @ 1095 Shelburne Road, South Burlington VT 05403

They were very friendly when I stopped there in August. An employee even swiped his chargepoint card for me (he said it's free for him).

Does anyone have any suggestions for charging in Burlington while we wait for the supercharger to open? I'll be charging in West Lebanon on the way up to burlington Friday night. spending the night in Burlington and then Saturday morning heading over to Hill Farmstead in Greensboro Bend, VT on Saturday for some beer tasting and then returning to Burlington. I'll need to top off my battery friday night before the trek to Greensboro Bend and will then need to charge again saturday night for a few before commuting back to West Lebanon. Any good charging suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

There are four level 2 Chargepoints at the downtown Burlington Parking Garage located at 41 Cherry Street, next to Hotel Vermont. (You'll need a Chargepoint account to use them.*) Overnight parking is no problem. If you are staying at Hotel Vermont, Marriott Courtyard, or The Hilton, this garage is within walking distance. These are plenty fast enough for an overnight charge. (The Nissan dealer chademo on Shelburne Road is an option, but it's located in no-man's-land.)

*You can set up a Chargepoint account online and use the Chargepoint smartphone app or a phone call to activate the charger before your Chargepoint card arrives.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I actually used a combination of the garage and the charger on main street in Burlington. I found the one on main charges at a rate of 22 miles recovered per hour and the one in the garage is b/w 17 and 18 miles recovered per hour. Unfortunately we stayed at the Residence Inn in Cholchester (5 miles away) so we didnt charge overnight at all. however, we found plenty to do in burlington while it charged during the day / evening.

- - - Updated - - -

any update on the burlington supercharger?

any update on the burlington supercharger?

The equipment cabinets are in place. It appears that they have one more concrete pour to do, from the stanchions to the cabinets. The pad for the transformer is in, but the transformer isn't there yet. A dedication event is tentatively planned for Dec 2, although it's likely that the turn-on date will be prior to that.

Last edited:
Update to my previous update...

• The crew is 2-weeks ahead of schedule

• The transformer hit the pad this morning

• GMP has already stubbed out their feed cable

THE SITE COULD BE LIVE AS SOON AS OCT 31st! Keep an eye on the supercharger list in your car's NAV.

BTV_SC1.jpg

These guys are flying!

BTV_SC2.jpg

The transformer has landed.

BTV_SC3.jpg

This site will simply have shrubs planted around the cabinets.

RSC Pro Edge LLC out of New Hampshire is doing the work. Today they have 8 to 10 people on the site.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and pictures. That is a nice sized transformer. Is it 750, 1,000 kVA, or bigger?

Not sure, but they might be allowing for expansion. This is going to be a VERY busy Supercharger. The Tesla population in Montreal is growing very quickly (800+/year), and this Supercharger is their passport to New England. Many Canadians prefer to fly out of Boston or Manchester NH due to more flight options and better prices. After charging in South Burlington, they'll likely stop at the Supercharger in Hooksett NH, just north of Manchester. Of course this will also bode well for Canadian skiers.

Last edited:
Not sure, but they might be allowing for expansion. This is going to be a VERY busy Supercharger. The Tesla population in Montreal is growing very quickly (800+/year), and this Supercharger is their passport to New England. Many Canadians prefer to fly out of Boston or Manchester NH due to more flight options and better prices. After charging in South Burlington, they'll likely stop at the Supercharger in Hooksett NH, just north of Manchester. Of course this will also bode well for Canadian skiers.

Thanks, just curious.

The transformer size is usually stenciled on the side somewhere, something like "750 KVA" in block letters. If you are there again, please take a look and report back.

...This is going to be a VERY busy Supercharger. The Tesla population in Montreal is growing very quickly (800+/year), and this Supercharger is their passport to New England...

Also, until Plattsburgh comes online, much Winter traffic between Montreal and Albany and points South will go through South Burlington, even if it's at least a 1.5 hour detour.

Does anyone have information on Plattsburgh? The last rumor was first quarter 2016, but that time-table would risk repeating the artic vortex construction experience.

Also, until Plattsburgh comes online, much Winter traffic between Montreal and Albany and points South will go through South Burlington, even if it's at least a 1.5 hour detour.

Does anyone have information on Plattsburgh? The last rumor was first quarter 2016, but that time-table would risk repeating the artic vortex construction experience.

No news of Plattsburgh but for my Florida trip during holidays I plan to charge with a HPWC located here at Saratoga Auto Museum (tried it this summer and worked well)... not too bad with a 73 km/h rate of charge... yep maybe a 45 minutes pit stop to be able to get to Albany SuperCharger but it avoids the long detour by Burlington...