Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family visited the Burlington supercharger on Saturday twice. Once on the way up to Vancouver for the ElectraFest put on by VEVA http://veva.ca/rev/2013/postevent/

And once on the way back where we ran into Hank and MBCMDR. We ate at Bob's both times and had a good experience overall. Superchargers are amazing and very happy to see Hank up there supporting the new installation.

The supercharger working great, Hank got them cooking sorry they still at 90kWh but they be 120kWh soon.. Yes the Amperage drop the fuller the battery's get but working much better than Sat\early Sun... as 4 minutes and 19 miles charged.

IMG_1063.jpg
IMG_1065.jpg

Pretty nice article about the Superchargers in the Everett Herald . Except, I wish you could charge a Model S with a 110 (sic) outlet in 10 hours, as the article reports.:eek:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130722/BLOG17/707229953/0/NEWS01
I wrote the reporter:
Good article but your notes may have misled you in places.
The chargers can bring a Tesla from empty to full in 30 40 minutes, with 80 percent of that coming in the first 20 minutes, company officials say. The Model S has a range of 230 to 300 miles, depending on the version.

The only other all-electric vehicle on the U.S. market, the Nissan Leaf, has a range of up to about 100 miles. (also RAV4 EV, Mitsubishi, Honda Fit EV) It's also considerably less expensive, about $30,000 to $35,000, depending on the model. The plug-in-gasoline hybrid Chevy Volt is comparable in price to the Leaf, with an all-electric range of about 35 miles.

A federal tax incentive can cut as much as $7,500 off the price of any electric car or hybrid(only pure EV, not plug-in hybrid, or hybrids in general)

Access to the superchargers is free for drivers of the higher-end Tesla versions, while for the lower end it's an extra $2,000 option.

The slowest way to charge is with a standard 110-volt outlet at home, which takes eight to 10 hours (65 hours from empty to full, but adds 55 miles of range in 12 hrs) . A 240-volt outlet, such as the type used with a washer or dryer, do the full job in ten hours.

The slides for a recent talk I gave in Seattle are at http://WilliamCalvin.org/EV/TeslaSimplicityTalk (Calvin).pdf. They have the references.

I wrote the reporter:
Good article but your notes may have misled you in places.
The chargers can bring a Tesla from empty to full in 30 40 minutes, with 80 percent of that coming in the first 20 minutes, company officials say. The Model S has a range of 230 to 300 miles, depending on the version.

The slides for a recent talk I gave in Seattle are at http://WilliamCalvin.org/EV/TeslaSimplicityTalk (Calvin).pdf. They have the references.

[/FONT]​

Nice presentation -- thanks for sharing it! I do have to give you the required demerits for using Comic Sans, but I enjoyed the content. ;)

I think you're being aggressive on the charging rate. The Supercharger page suggests that a 120 kWh Supercharger will yield 50% in 20 minutes, 80% in 40 minutes and 100% in 75 minutes.​

The slowest way to charge is with a standard 110-volt outlet at home, which takes eight to 10 hours (65 hours from empty to full, but adds 55 miles of range in 12 hrs) . A 240-volt outlet, such as the type used with a washer or dryer, do the full job in ten hours.
I wish you could get 55 miles in 12 hours on 120 (not 110), but my experience and that of others is 3 MPH.

And, most dryer outlets are 30 Amp, meaning 24 Amps continuous which is quite a bit less than 26 miles per hour.:wink:

Edit: Are you stating Ideal miles, then sorry, you may be correct. But I find Ideal miles rather useless.

Last edited:
The new Supercharging station in Burlington WA may be in a low population area where you think it would not be use so much. I am here to say that is totally wrong idea if you think that as again today we packed 6 of the 8 slots on a normal day and these cars not nearly on the road like we expect yet.
IMG_1099.JPG

The new Supercharging station in Burlington WA may be in a low population area where you think it would not be use so much. I am here to say that is totally wrong idea if you think that as again today we packed 6 of the 8 slots on a normal day and these cars not nearly on the road like we expect yet.

I have a feeling that once there's a national network I'll be able to hang around at the Bangor Supercharger and encounter lots of people who just decided to go for a drive several days ago.

Wow. If we keep that up Tesla is going to have to build out more stations here sooner than they may have thought.

Forum reputation points to the first photo at either WA Supercharger station with 8 (or 10 for Centralia) different colors of Model S there at the same time. :)

A car followed me into the Burlington Supercharger lot today. A couple from Vancouver got out of the car and said that they went to Bellevue to test drive a Tesla earlier in the week and they wanted to ask a owner a few questions. We even showed them all our adapters and what situations we use them for. Within 10 or 15 minutes we closed the deal for Tesla.
They will probably become TMC members too.
Not a bad start for our cruise up to Chuckanut Drive, the Mt Baker Hwy and back on the scenic back roads.