Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MT (LIVE Jul 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V3 supplementing the old 4-stall V2 (which have been invaluable to me personally for OR to SD roadtrips!). That's big right there. Faster, more stalls. just what i-90 needs!

Wyoming, are you seeing this in your next-state neighbors? What happened to Buffalo, WY? sorry a bit off-topic...
I see the supercharger dot on the map daily and it was never showing full when I bought my Model Y three years ago, but I regularly see the clock icon now. The new ones are welcome in this area.

This morning. Happy trails.
PXL_20230629_131708882.MP.jpg

Supercharger demand is going to increase a lot over the next few years, even in places like Billings. I really like this layout, a station on each end of town for through-travel and one in the city for folks visiting the town itself. Now if we could just get a station or two up north, maybe Havre and Lewistown.

Reactions: Roger Harding
Supercharger demand is going to increase a lot over the next few years, even in places like Billings. I really like this layout, a station on each end of town for through-travel and one in the city for folks visiting the town itself. Now if we could just get a station or two up north, maybe Havre and Lewistown.
Lewistown is an interesting one but I always ponder if it would serve the public better if it were at say Eddie's Corner instead of Lewistown proper.

Lewistown is an interesting one but I always ponder if it would serve the public better if it were at say Eddie's Corner instead of Lewistown proper.
As an outsider who did that drive earlier this year, Eddies Corner would make the most sense. There's a little truck stop right with a diner, convenience store, and other truck stop amenities (laundry and showers I think) right on the corner that would be the perfect spot.

Havre would probably only be done as part of a larger push along the Hi-Line. It would likely include Malta and Wolf Point to make US-2 travel possible through Montana. Of course they haven't even built a supercharger in Shelby yet (Shelby serves both a major cross-country interstate and a major US Highway), so we could be a long ways off from these other locations getting built.

Last edited:
As an outsider who did that drive earlier this year, Eddies Corner would make the most sense. There's a little truck stop right with a diner, convenience store, and other truck stop amenities (laundry and showers I think) right on the corner that would be the perfect spot.
I grew up in Lewistown, MT. While it would be cool to have a supercharger in town; being able to stop at Eddie's Corner and top up would be more beneficial for travelers. Oftentimes people don't go to Lewistown proper unless they are going Great Falls <--> Billings or Billings <--> Hi-Line. The first of which would be possible with an Eddies Corner SC. The latter needing a 30 mile detour.

Reactions: Roger Harding
No need for me. I can kinda see it. Just surprised there aren’t bollards in front like the existing transformer so males It a bigger leap for me. Also surprised that it is there before the site is done given the current trend.
I haven't been out there for around a month, so I am just curious to see stuff for myself. As of Thursday evening they still have no transformer in Lockwood

Reactions: Mrbrock