Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MT (LIVE Jul 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is undoubtedly 301 but someone fat-fingered 310.

XdPCmO6.jpg

YZ3Xvsd.jpg
Blame the fat fingered partially dyslexic kid…

Cant believe this made it onto plans with the completely wrong map location and the plans were submitted.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
I don't really love the location as it's a long walk to any of the nearby amenities (mostly fast food and convenience stores).
Isn't that literally a Pizza Hut and Walmart right in your picture? Billings is normally too close to home (driving ICE) for me to overnight there, but slowed down by charging stops, this ticks all my boxes:

1) Beer (even Walmart has some, decent craft beer these days)
2) Greasy road trip food open late.
3)Charging
4)Bed

EDIT: Holy s(*^, that hotel charges an arm plus half a leg per night. I'd be getting a bag of ice to keep the beer cold and moving on...

Last edited:
I don't really love the location as it's a long walk to any of the nearby amenities (mostly fast food and convenience stores). But I'm also not too concerned about it being ICEd as long as they have decent signage.
I used to deliver oil to the near by Masterlube and I know that they have been trying to find ways to service EV's, so I am going to talk to the manager about carrying Tesla wiper blades and cabin air filters, and supplying washer fluid top ups. They also do a hand-wash there that people seem to love.

Isn't that literally a Pizza Hut and Walmart right in your picture?
I don't really consider Walmart to be an amenity, but I guess some people might like it.

I didn't notice the Pizza Hut. I guess that is something.

Closer to the interstate exit, there are many convenience stores (gas stations), fast food places, and at least one coffee shop. But at 6-7 blocks away, it's probably further than most would want to walk.

I don't really consider Walmart to be an amenity, but I guess some people might like it.
It has nearly everything a person could conceivably want, what's not to like?

As an added bonus, for every dollar you spend, a tiny fraction of a cent goes to the Walton family trust, which doles out private jets, super yachts and mega mansions to individuals in need*.

*need/greed... what's the difference?

It has nearly everything a person could conceivably want, what's not to like?

As an added bonus, for every dollar you spend, a tiny fraction of a cent goes to the Walton family trust, which doles out private jets, super yachts and mega mansions to individuals in need*.

*need/greed... what's the difference?
Don't forget expensive wine and Premier Leauge, NFL, NBA, NHL and other franchises (through marriage but still!!)! Most Expensive American Wine

I used to deliver oil to the near by Masterlube and I know that they have been trying to find ways to service EV's, so I am going to talk to the manager about carrying Tesla wiper blades and cabin air filters, and supplying washer fluid top ups. They also do a hand-wash there that people seem to love.
I did end up talking to the managers at Masterlube and they think it is a great idea to offer cabin air filters, wiper blades and hand washes for Tesla owners. Hopefully they put up a sign when that happens.

Last edited:
It's beautiful, it's nearly ready, it's in my backyard, I love it, but I do have a question. Why are the Supercharger locations clustered right together? There is a Supercharger location in Billings less than 15 miles away. Maybe it gets busy, but I've never seen it. There is talk of the Town Pump C/store building a "Tesla Supercharger" another 5 - 10 miles beyond that. (thank you Town Pump)
This is a vast state and there is a lot of it that still requires charging at the campground 220 volt hookup like the early days (even with a M3 long range). It would be nice to have fast charging on the shortest route between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. (Maybe White Sulphur Springs, or ?)
I'm grateful for the progress being made, but would it be more useful to spread it out a little? I'm glad Town Pump has some visionaries that can see it, but it's as painful as waiting for a Cybertruck to be able to go anywhere I want.
end rant;
end whine;

EDIT:
OK, I missed page 1 of this thread, others feel the same as I. Maybe it will be in Laurel so it can be in sight of the new 1970's style natural gas peaker plant Northwest Energy is building.

Last edited:
I suspect the land owner reached out to Tesla and made them an offer that was too good to pass up, despite the 12 stall site already in the permit process.

The town pump sites are all 62kW CCS/Chademo sites, but people on plugshare are speculating that a bunch of them have been put on hold and will be re-designed to be eligible for the federal $.

Harlowton has a pretty nice rest area at a major crossroads, so I would expect a 3rd party CCS/NACS station or a 4 stall prefacb with magic dock to drop there in the next couple years. The substation is just a few blocks away, so plenty of power for expansion down the line too.