Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MT (LIVE Jul 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From doc above 45.6661532,-108.7614891

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel
301 S Washington Ave, Laurel, MT 59044

Location of Work: EXCAVATION SITE IS ON THE E SIDE OF THE ROAD. MARK E SIDE OF THE HOTEL IN THE PARKING LOT AT ABV ADD
Remarks: CUSTOMER GAVE LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE AREA MARKED IN WHITE
Caller GPS: Lat: 45.6661532 Lon: -108.7614891

hHzVClj.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ImScotty
From doc above 45.6661532,-108.7614891

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel
301 S Washington Ave, Laurel, MT 59044

Location of Work: EXCAVATION SITE IS ON THE E SIDE OF THE ROAD. MARK E SIDE OF THE HOTEL IN THE PARKING LOT AT ABV ADD
Remarks: CUSTOMER GAVE LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE AREA MARKED IN WHITE
Caller GPS: Lat: 45.6661532 Lon: -108.7614891

hHzVClj.jpg
Thanks for putting this in. You're awesome. :)

Reactions: scottf200
Odd I thought all the new MT locations were going to be at Town Pump stations.

In any case I don't think 8 instead of 12 will be too bad if the new East Billings site is up and running too, they're only about 30 miles apart. I'm a bit concenred that the location is too close to the front door of the hotel, I wish they were going with the West edge of the parking lot instead.

Last edited:

In any case I don't think 8 instead of 12 will be too bad if the new East Billings site is up and running too, they're only about 30 miles apart. I'm a bit concenred that the location is too close to the front door of the hotel, I wish they were going with the West edge of the parking lot instead.
To me, it seems like that East area is the least likely place most would park when checking in and staying overnight.
Seems like main check in front door parking is plentiful (green).
Seems like most common overnight parking is to the West.

omDEW5F.jpg

Tesla's buildout in Montana and Idaho gets weirder and weirder as time goes on. I'm going to assume there are more permits yet to be filed/discovered, so maybe there will be a method instead of pure madness.
Why weird? Why madness? There are currently 4 v2 stalls in Billings which is the crossroads of two cross country interstates. It was often full and sometimes had a wait in recent summers. At best you would be maxing out at 72kW on a shared stall if you showed up during the day in the summer which is less than ideal. I-90 through Montana needs expansion and needs v3s (or v4s).

Why weird? Why madness? There are currently 4 v2 stalls in Billings which is the crossroads of two cross country interstates. It was often full and sometimes had a wait in recent summers. At best you would be maxing out at 72kW on a shared stall if you showed up during the day in the summer which is less than ideal. I-90 through Montana needs expansion and needs v3s (or v4s).
Big Earl originally had it down as 12 stall, which is a bit insane considering the other Billings permit.

If Tesla would offer me full trade in value for the FSD license, I'd upgrade to a LR Y (Bonus CCS adapter support) and stop b|7ching about the lack of splitters , but as is, it's a bit frustrating to own a car nearly 4 years old that is somewhat useless come road-trip time.

Laurel, MT

Host Type: Hotel
Host: Fairfield Inn & Suites
Along Primary Interstates: I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-212, US-310
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-90

To: Billings, MT (v2) - 10.1 miles
Diversion: 1.7 miles
To: Billings - N Frontage Rd, MT - 21.4 miles (Permit)

US-212

From: Start (Yellowstone National Park, WY) - 113.6 miles
To: Billings, MT (v2) - 11.2 miles
Diversion: 2.3 miles
To: Billings - N Frontage Rd, MT - 22.4 miles (Permit)

US-310

To: End (I-90/US-212 Laurel, MT) - 0.7 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles

Another Supercharger fixing Montana.

First Supercharger on US-310. (Just before the end).

The agree,ent was that Town pump would host a certain number of sites, but there was nothing mentioned about exclusivity. Tesla is always looking for more sites as they sell more cars and open the business to other makes.

No electrical permit has been issued through MT L&I.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200