Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Belgrade, MT (LIVE 13 Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5821.jpeg

IMG_5822.jpeg

One of the remaining Town Pump locations is under construction (and unless I’m really missing something, there isn’t a thread for it yet). No online permitting for Belgrade and no dig ticket for this address yet so it has been quietly moving along. The 2 PSUs are in but still needs switchgear and transformer and some site work to be ready, much like the other MT SC that are under construction (if you think the pictures are the same/similar, they are). Location is by the yellow highlighter.
1691203712665.png

And V3. The V2 i90 spots were mostly full today so lots of 75kw max charging. I wish they allowed variable splitting on V2 based on SoC.

Summertime in Montana has been pretty rough since 2021. Tesla superchargers are almost always clogged with tourists coming through. These V3’s will be a welcome change during the summer months. They will also be nice for cold spells when the V2 network cables get stiff.

Reactions: bruce4000 and IdaX
And V3. The V2 i90 spots were mostly full today so lots of 75kw max charging. I wish they allowed variable splitting on V2 based on SoC.
They still have variable splitting based on power draw. When one vehicle drops below 36 kW, the other vehicle can pull up to 108 kW. You'll rarely see this in practice, since almost nobody continues charging when the rate drops below 36 kW.

They still have variable splitting based on power draw. When one vehicle drops below 36 kW, the other vehicle can pull up to 108 kW. You'll rarely see this in practice, since almost nobody continues charging when the rate drops below 36 kW.
Nobody, except us older models with free charging.;) Back in the olden days, 150 mi spacing at 80+mph required 85-90% charging to reach next station. Thankfully, the spacing is closer to 75 mi, so I can now stop charging at 50-60%. However, I still often see <40KW, sometimes even <20KW.:(

It's alive!!! @Big Earl
I knew it. I drove across Montana earlier this week and things were looking just about ready to go.
I am excited for Missoula to come online. Lots of superchargers in the region but I think the Missoula one will help to take the load off the old V2 6 stall there. Bozeman was also DESPERATELY in need.