Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5536EA11-1E77-4384-BA23-4BD269E80155.jpeg
This morning the construction crew is hard at work installing the walls. As I thought they are putting wood (or wood looking) beams between the vertical posts.

Good news: we are progressing!
Bad news: I am guessing we may have had our last look inside the enclosure.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's a lagging retaining wall they're building. I don't think it will block much of the view, except for the conduit that's going to be buried. I'm still a bit baffled by the mismatched pile (vertical beam) heights, though. My guess is they won't start building a fence until after the retaining wall is done, back fill is in place, and concrete is poured.

There are going to be two Tesla Supercharger locations in the Carlsbad area, both on the same street but 9.4 miles apart.

A) 2525 El Camino Real. The permit was finalized in April (see photo below). It will be located behind the Sears Auto Center on the north side of the Carlsbad Westfield Mall aka The Shoppes at Carlsbad. The area is currently fenced off and there is equipment already inside.
Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 11.03.44 PM.png
B) 7710 El Camino Real at the corner of La Costa Avenue. Pictures and details already provided in previous posts.
My guess is that the La Costa one will be open first.

Please discuss the 2525 El Camino Real location in the longstanding thread at Supercharger - Carlsbad, The Shoppes, 2525 El Camino Real (permit found, no construction)

Thank you.
There are going to be two Tesla Supercharger locations in the Carlsbad area, both on the same street but 9.4 miles apart.

A) 2525 El Camino Real. The permit was finalized in April (see photo below). It will be located behind the Sears Auto Center on the north side of the Carlsbad Westfield Mall aka The Shoppes at Carlsbad. The area is currently fenced off and there is equipment already inside.
View attachment 314661 B) 7710 El Camino Real at the corner of La Costa Avenue. Pictures and details already provided in previous posts.
My guess is that the La Costa one will be open first.

Great view of the area as it existed. Those of us who have moved to the Carlsbad area more recently don't have the perspective of how it used to look! I spent some time at the site of the new proposed service center yesterday. The building is huge and it will be a great location!

Having spent the last week here on vacation I now understand yalls pain! This station can’t come soon enough! ChargePoint chargers are horribly slow. Charging at Qualcomm tonight there were 8 cars waiting to charge haha
We will be there July 29 thru aug 2. We will have to go about 20 miles to the other superchargers. Not so bad. Will be nice when these are done, but won’t be done for us.