Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (2525 El Camino Real, permit expired)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cruised through the parking lots of The Shoppes at Carlsbad this afternoon (Wednesday, May 2,2018), and noted nothing new happening regarding the 19 proposed superchargers. I went to the mall office located inside the mall to see if someone there had any information about the future location of the chargers in the parking lot, or when construction might start. I spoke to the person in the office and she said she had no information about the chargers. She said all of the huge parking lot surrounding the mall is the property of the City of Carlsbad, and the city is obviously working directly with the mall's new owner, Rouse Properties (located in New York). She heard that some other Rouse malls in the country had Tesla superchargers. In any case, she thought no supercharger work would be happening for at least a month or two. However, she was clearly guessing and didn't have any real knowledge about the project. She suggested occasionally checking www.theshoppesatcarlsbad.com to get the latest news about the superchargers. Yeah, that's helpful! The City of Carlsbad seems to be, once again, the best source of supercharger information for this site...at least until fresh paint marking utilities appears somewhere on the acres of mall asphalt!

Seems progress is coming along at la Costa el Camino super charge BUT Tesla just released their new maps showing new superchargers and for some reason this one is not listed which seems strange.

Attachments

• 84ED99FB-6BCB-4DCB-97EB-61727CAA8837.png
    84ED99FB-6BCB-4DCB-97EB-61727CAA8837.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 88
Perhaps this thread should be deleted since no action for a year means probably no action forthcoming.

I disagree. There is evidence of this site based on a permit application. Unless there is evidence that the permit has been withdrawn, then keep the thread. Besides, what’s the point of deleting a thread? Just stop posting in it...

Reactions: Dave EV and Graffi
I disagree. There is evidence of this site based on a permit application. Unless there is evidence that the permit has been withdrawn, then keep the thread. Besides, what’s the point of deleting a thread? Just stop posting in it...
I find no listing on the Carlsbad website of that permit being still active ..plus, I was just expressing an opinion

I find no listing on the Carlsbad website of that permit being still active ..plus, I was just expressing an opinion
Your opinion is welcome, as is anyone's opinion to disagree. Threads are never deleted. They are closed, and typically only if the thread discussion has gone off topic enough to make it a source of angst. So, just let the thread die a slow and painful death. If someone finds evidence that the permit has expired, been pulled or reactivated, that would be a good time to post that information here.

There are going to be two Tesla Supercharger locations in the Carlsbad area, both on the same street but 9.4 miles apart.

A) 2525 El Camino Real. The permit was finalized in April (see photo below). It will be located behind the Sears Auto Center on the north side of the Carlsbad Westfield Mall aka The Shoppes at Carlsbad. The area is currently fenced off and there is equipment already inside.
View attachment 314661
Apparently this supercharger is going to built after all?