Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They certainly can ticket in public parking lots. Once upon a time, my parents got a ticket in a dark restaurant parking lot for having the registration stickers on their license plate in transposed position. (gasp!) Of course, tickets are commonly issued in parking lots for parking in red zones and ADA spaces
There is a state law against parking illegally in a handicapped space. Private property is enforceable. I believe that I heard on this forum that other states have similar laws for parking in an EV space without charging, but not California unfortunately. While police do ticket for all sorts of things on private property, I believe many could be challenged. My friend actually did successfully contest a citation once for this exact reason.
Here in West LA, they are ticketing everywhere for no front plate.

Anyway, I am one definitely happy about the CPD police hanging around. I wonder if there is a background story to that. Maybe there was some unwanted activities in the area at one point.

There is a state law against parking illegally in a handicapped space. Private property is enforceable. I believe that I heard on this forum that other states have similar laws for parking in an EV space without charging, but not California unfortunately. While police do ticket for all sorts of things on private property, I believe many could be challenged. My friend actually did successfully contest a citation once for this exact reason.

Anyway, I am one definitely happy about the CPD police hanging around. I wonder if there is a background story to that. Maybe there was some unwanted activities in the area at one point.

I’ve only had positive interactions with CPD. For those of you visiting this Supercharger, keep an eye on your speed as CPD frequents La Costa Ave. I mostly see motorcycle cops hiding between parked along La Costa Ave., east of the Supercharger. Speed limit is 40, so don’t rip outa there with your 100% charged P100D. ;)

I’ve only had positive interactions with CPD. For those of you visiting this Supercharger, keep an eye on your speed as CPD frequents La Costa Ave. I mostly see motorcycle cops hiding between parked along La Costa Ave., east of the Supercharger. Speed limit is 40, so don’t rip outa there with your 100% charged P100D. ;)

Agreed. This entire area is a known speed trap. Don't contribute additional funds to the city if you don't have to.

It could be that there's a lot of building materials in the center for the ongoing construction. I wouldn't be surprised if there have been reported thefts. For example I saw a pile of bricks and cement bags out in the open - not fenced off.

Tell them you are homeless.. no one dares ticket the homeless in SD.

• Funny
Reactions: Cosmacelf
Used the supercharger today. I have a Model S 100D. Charged from 29% to 80% = 168 miles. Got a nice constant 74kW, at close to 80% it tapered down.
Whole charge took 42 minutes. Unlike the 120kW chargers these are not paired, so you get full current.
At a 120kW charger this would take about 32 minutes. So, here it was just 10 minutes more.
At Qualcomm with their 120kW chargers if your neighbor is already charging, this would also take 40+ minutes for you.
Today in the afternoon this location was almost 1/2 full.
Qualcomm was 100% all day today.

Yup full.

Attachments

• 9F709D36-115E-4EC0-9D77-42F48FAB27D9.jpeg
    9F709D36-115E-4EC0-9D77-42F48FAB27D9.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 95