Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Casa Grande, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is this location during the night, any issues with taking a nap in the car while there?
The location is pretty well lit, and would be safe to stay in your car. My wife, who hates to supercharge at night, frequently stops there after 11pm. Many times at night, I have seen police drive by. I think they are patrolling the back of the stores.

Stopped here Saturday evening 1/25/20 It's a mess, 1A covered in a trash bag, 1B never started charging. Got the last stall 3B, sharing of course. But the charge rate kept changing, started at 3KW then up to 15KW, Then 64KW- then back down to 35KW, then back up to 64KW- Kept doing this for the 10 min we were there - Glad we only needed to add about 30miles of range. According to PlugShare 1A/1B has been a mess for quite a while and 3A/3B has been oscillating. While we managed to not have to wait to charge, I'm sure a line formed at least for a while yesterday. Come on Tesla- get this site fixed.

Stopped here Saturday evening 1/25/20 It's a mess, 1A covered in a trash bag, 1B never started charging. Got the last stall 3B, sharing of course. But the charge rate kept changing, started at 3KW then up to 15KW, Then 64KW- then back down to 35KW, then back up to 64KW- Kept doing this for the 10 min we were there - Glad we only needed to add about 30miles of range. According to PlugShare 1A/1B has been a mess for quite a while and 3A/3B has been oscillating. While we managed to not have to wait to charge, I'm sure a line formed at least for a while yesterday. Come on Tesla- get this site fixed.

I was there on both Monday and Tuesday and can confirm all of the above. I never charged higher than 99kW on any of the stalls I tried. This is an important yet disappointing site for folks traveling to Tucson.

OK, it's been almost 6 weeks since my last stop at this station. It is now beyond ridiculous. Tesla really needs to do the maintenance here. I tried calling Tesla, but basically get told on their automated system "We know if a station is down, to speak to an operator the wait time is at least 10 min"

Today, 3/11/20 not only are 3 stations completely dead, 2 others seem to be unable to charge for more than a minute or two. There is even some graffiti on one of the stalls now..

Since I could slow down a little and make it home, I only added 4 miles of range to my car and left because another person was waiting, and I knew I could slow to 70MPH (Speed limit is 75) and make it back to Tucson.

Very disappointing, after the first 4 years of using this station when traveling between Tucson and Phoenix about every other month being perfect.

Come on Tesla, you are better than this

I stopped by on 3/19/2020 and there were no free stalls. App said one was off line. 2pm on a thursday afternoon?
This place used to be empty, but now with Tesla selling cars big time, all of our quaint empty SC locations are not so empty anymore.
More stalls are definitely needed, and higher power too. This site is showing its age.

Yeah, the CG location has gotten really problematic. There are multiple new SuperChargers going in around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, including some V3 ones. Great for me in the summer, but the Phoenix area is really starved; even just 2 or 3 new ones, well placed, would make a huge difference.

Well, crowding won't be a problem in the immediate future. But, yeah eventually they'll need to put another supercharger in on either the south side of PHX metro or the north side of Tucson. Or maybe at one of the truck stops in Eloy.

Yeah, the East Skyline Drive supercharger is way too far off the Interstate to be useful for efficient road tripping, and it is only 72 kW. I guess if Casa Grande keeps getting worse, it is an option, though the south Tucson supercharger is right along I-10 and it has a much faster charge rate.
The La Encatada mall is nice, and there are indeed great mountain-side views all around, though it is effectively closed right now, of course. I was there after 6 tonight, super quiet, with my choice of any charger. Thankfully, the restrooms in the mall were still open!

Reactions: JBT66
Hey, has anyone stopped at the Casa Grande SC in the last few days? The in-car map now indicates that Tesla fixed the 2 bad SuperChargers. Can anyone confirm?
I will make a point to check them all this weekend because heaven knows there's nothing else going on. The TeslaCorsa event on my 50th birthday was canceled last week and I'm less than happy about that.

Screenshot is of Plugshare with recent comments ranging from all fixed (unlikely) to all broken (more likely) with one guy going so far as to say the Casa Grande Supercharger "sucks balls." Not Tesla's best moments here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-27-01-23-36.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-27-01-23-36.png
    349 KB · Views: 68
Yeah, the East Skyline Drive supercharger is way too far off the Interstate to be useful for efficient road tripping, and it is only 72 kW. I guess if Casa Grande keeps getting worse, it is an option, though the south Tucson supercharger is right along I-10 and it has a much faster charge rate.
The La Encatada mall is nice, and there are indeed great mountain-side views all around, though it is effectively closed right now, of course. I was there after 6 tonight, super quiet, with my choice of any charger. Thankfully, the restrooms in the mall were still open!

I find the La Encantada superchargers well worth the scenic drive in and out of Tucson although yes, they are out of the way, and "only" 72kW, hence urban superchargers.

The restroom for men just west of the parking lot is always open. Leaks only. Watch your step.

• Funny
Reactions: tmoz
  • Informative
Reactions: JBT66