Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember Castlegar is in the Fortis electricity service area so things a bit different than Superchargers in BC Hydro areas.

Fortis Service Areas Web Page
18-150-16_service_area_map2016.tmb-fbcbanner.jpg

It seems that the new supercharger station in Prince Albert Saskatchewan went from construction to "on" in less than a month, the length of time Castlegar is taking borders on silly.

Waiting on Fortis at this point, I'm assuming. SaskPower more responsive in Prince Albert case or more responsive in general, who knows...

Transformer pad has been ready since January, now it is June.. what can we do but twiddle our charging ports as there isn't a second electricity provider. :(

Reactions: bruce4000
Seems like there might be some "hope" as the same tech that activated the Hope expansion could be headed to Castlegar. I'm hoping for a report before Thursday though!
Also we might see action in nearby BC sites. I can confirm that the crew who did Prince Albert is the same one who did the hope expansion. Based on the info I have, they will be working on BC superchargers in the near future.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Damn. Was really hoping this would be up. Would anyone have any advice on where to stop from osoyoos to creston? I have a standard range m3.
If you’re just looking for level 2 charging, Christina Lake visitor centre is a nice stop with a good restaurant. Greenwood museum is a fast level 2 as well and you can take your pick of food on their Main Street. Castlegar is dicey as chargers are often being used already. Salmo visitor centre is usually a safe bet for open chargers and good speed but I feel less options for amenities.

Damn. Was really hoping this would be up. Would anyone have any advice on where to stop from osoyoos to creston? I have a standard range m3.
I used the FREE HPWC at the Christina Lake Visitor Centre earlier this month. I got the full 16kW in my old Model S, but I don't think you can pull that much in a 3. You'll get the max your car can on L2 charging though. There is also a Flo setup in the same parking lot with both L2 and L3 charging (if you have the appropriate adapter). You can walk to the lake, check out the visitor centre, or walk through town while you charge. I didn't try either, but IIRC there was a pizza place and an ice cream place nearby.

There are actually like 5 or 6 HPWCs along that stretch of highway between Osoyoos and Creston (see Plugshare). I didn't try the others but I saw the one at Kettle River Museum from the road. I stopped at the one at Salmo, but it was very strangely positioned so that you'd have to drive up on the lawn to plug in. The cord couldn't reach the driveway or the street parking. Ground was still kind of soft from rain and snowmelt, so I didn't want to drive up on the grass unless I was desperate and I wasn't.

There are a lot of Flo charging stations along the route too, but I didn't use them so can't really comment on them. You'll find them on Plugshare.

I used the FREE HPWC at the Christina Lake Visitor Centre earlier this month. I got the full 16kW in my old Model S, but I don't think you can pull that much in a 3. You'll get the max your car can on L2 charging though. There is also a Flo setup in the same parking lot with both L2 and L3 charging (if you have the appropriate adapter). You can walk to the lake, check out the visitor centre, or walk through town while you charge. I didn't try either, but IIRC there was a pizza place and an ice cream place nearby.

There are actually like 5 or 6 HPWCs along that stretch of highway between Osoyoos and Creston (see Plugshare). I didn't try the others but I saw the one at Kettle River Museum from the road. I stopped at the one at Salmo, but it was very strangely positioned so that you'd have to drive up on the lawn to plug in. The cord couldn't reach the driveway or the street parking. Ground was still kind of soft from rain and snowmelt, so I didn't want to drive up on the grass unless I was desperate and I wasn't.

There are a lot of Flo charging stations along the route too, but I didn't use them so can't really comment on them. You'll find them on Plugshare.
Thanks everyone for the info. I will definitely take these locations into consideration.

Do you have a chademo adapter? Flo has a 100Kw chademo in Castlegar.
After further research. this doesn't look to even be available in Canada. In fact its quite expensive to buy on the open market (ie. Facebook). I also read on Reddit that they are moving away from it and going to a CCS1 connector? I just want to make sure I get the proper adapter in emergency quick charge cases.