Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chehalis, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the site about 2:00 PM local on 24 December. There was no sign of a meter anywhere. The pedestals are being wired but it appears the site has not been touched for several days. The layout is 2 pull in spots and 6 back in spots. As a note, the 3 EV Go spots on the other side of the street were being used by a Chevy Bolt, a KIA EV 6, and an electric Mustang.

Attachments

• Chehalis5.jpg
    Chehalis5.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 155
I stopped by the site yesterday afternoon. The meter has been installed.

I tried three different pedestals and could not charge.

There are trash cans in place there were not there when I last visited the site.

There are still no parking stops.

The striping is still wrong.

I think that the two ADA parking signs will eventually be removed.

I also got a better image of the EV Go equipment across the street.

There are four pieces of equipment and six marked parking spots.

The chargers sit on a street which connects the Walmart parking lot to the Home Depot parking lot and there is a LOT of thru traffic.

Attachments

• Chehalis9.jpg
    Chehalis9.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • Chehalis8.jpg
    Chehalis8.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Chehalis7.jpg
    Chehalis7.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Chehalis6.jpg
    Chehalis6.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 69
I stopped by the site Saturday afternoon 28 January. There are covers installed on all the pedestals where there were none a week or so ago. No lane striping or wheel stop work has been accomplished. I also noticed that the two lower power EVgo chargers across the street both have 50 kw Tesla plug available.

Attachments

• Chehalis10.jpg
    Chehalis10.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 56
  • Chehalis11.jpg
    Chehalis11.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 62
Interesting on the EVgo chargers providing 50kw "competition". Are they trying to start a price war? I don't know what the costs are for either (lifetime charging free for me), but the speed factor would seem to be a differentiator for Tesla.

In Washington state, EVgo is still sold by time, and invariant of power delivery. As a result, the 50kW chargers are very expensive. $0.29/minute (a charge of mine was ~$0.43/kWh at that rate). But EVgo DOES have 2 350 chargers there, and at the same $0.29/minute are pretty darn cheap (a recent charge of mine at a good EA station would have been ~$0.14/kWh with EVgo's methodology).

In Washington state, EVgo is still sold by time, and invariant of power delivery. As a result, the 50kW chargers are very expensive. $0.29/minute (a charge of mine was ~$0.43/kWh at that rate). But EVgo DOES have 2 350 chargers there, and at the same $0.29/minute are pretty darn cheap (a recent charge of mine at a good EA station would have been ~$0.14/kWh with EVgo's methodology).

And this is wrong now, as EVgo just shifted to $/kWh pricing. ($0.4->$0.54/kWh at the base rate, down to a minimum of $0.2 7->$0.36/kWh at the highest monthly subscription cost)

• Informative
Reactions: Ron Burgundy