Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Claymont, DE - Philadelphia Pike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new V3 Supercharger is under construction at the Wawa at 2621 Philadelphia Pike. Got the info from DUKE! on Twitter where two photos were provided (see below).

Odd that Tesla is building a Supercharger here, as there is already one nearby and closer to the highway on Naamans Rd.
@Lanny

2205CE60-4FA8-4A17-81F2-BFD7D4DA0522.jpeg
A1A7AC3D-BAA2-44F8-92D5-D3095674A9F3.jpeg

Agree. This is a curious move. The Wawa SC on Naamans is not that far away. Access to I95 is difficult here. You can get on southbound at Harvey Rd, but not northbound. You also can't exit I95 southbound at Harvey Rd.
I wonder if the SC at Naamans is going to shut down. It's not that old.
By the way, good find!

Damn! I was looking on One Call just the other day and didn’t care to check Delaware cause I thought “it was too small to get any new Superchargers”!!
E3BCC321-E638-4BF5-A256-BE4DC9189B16.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Such a weird location. I guess access from I-495 is better than I-95.

Maybe nav will redirect to I-495 which is parallel to I-95 on busy weekdays to beat Wilmington downtown office traffic.
This is a great location. When I'm coming back from Philly or Southern Jersey, I take 495 instead of 95. Higher speed limit and tends to get less traffic.

This is a great location. When I'm coming back from Philly or Southern Jersey, I take 495 instead of 95. Higher speed limit and tends to get less traffic.

That’s right. Only the people who know it know it, that I-495 is wider by 1 lane for most part compared to I-95. Skip Wilmington office traffic, but that’s a moot point during Covid-19 times.

I happened to be at this location the other day for what I hope is my last gas run (Model Y scheduled for pickup next week!) and was told they are expecting mid October for Superchargers to be operational. I will say this location had some interesting characters around but convenient depending on which way you are traveling on 95/495.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9