Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Claymont, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stations are sleeved with covers, meter is in but didn’t check for power as we were doing a quickie drive by before dinner out.

Yeah. I've been meaning to stop to take pictures of the sleeves - I don't think I've ever seen those before. Been that way for a week or so, with no activity when I drove past. I'm assuming they're waiting for an inspection or something.

It's Open! Charged up my MX at 9:45 this morning. No other cars there, but only got 240 MPH (got 350 MPH at Newark, DE SC on Rte 95 with 4 or 5 other cars charging). Not complaining though - it's close to home and best of all, it's free.

Attachments

• IMG_20180606_094111[1].jpg
    IMG_20180606_094111[1].jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 78
I stopped by the Claymont Supercharger today at lunch time (about 12:50 pm). It was an easy off/easy on from I-95. The WaWa was very busy. I made the mistake of driving through the WaWa parking lot from the first entrance off Society Drive (the red line in the map image below) - the problem was that there was a stream of cars (blue line) going from the gas pumps to the exit, which made it very difficult to do a back in maneuver to the Supercharger. It would have been better to drive around the edge of the WaWa lot (green line) to park at the Superchargers from the other side - they are set up for charging from both sides.

Claymont, DE.JPG

Stopped here to charge on the way home from DC last night. The fact that there is a Total Wine in the strip mall near the Supercharger was a huge win. This is my first ever Tesla roadtrip with my wife in the car where she didn't bitterly complain how much of a waste of time it is to have to sit around and charge! (Let's just say my wife has not drunk the Tesla kool-aid yet...)

Reactions: Xenius
Stopped here to charge on the way home from DC last night. The fact that there is a Total Wine in the strip mall near the Supercharger was a huge win. This is my first ever Tesla roadtrip with my wife in the car where she didn't bitterly complain how much of a waste of time it is to have to sit around and charge! (Let's just say my wife has not drunk the Tesla kool-aid yet...)

Does that mean you haven't planned any stops at Outlet shops and Malls where superchargers are located (or HPWC or even J-plug chargers)? That's usually something I try to do once or twice a day to keep the co-pilot happy on road trips. It works out real well when you note that it will take 2 hrs to get enough charge to reach the next place. :)

TotalWine is pretty much the only reason I'll ever use that SuperCharger. :D

Reactions: Darren S