Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yeah, super easy balancing the existing and projected needs along major highways while trying to grow supply on minor highways without being a huge money drain, and at the same time dealing with landowners, cities, counties, states, and their various permitting agencies. Definitely nothing difficult there.

ObXkcd: Long Light
Sounds like whataboutism. Which part of letting people vote for these locations solves the above? Oh yeah, none of it. Planning the approximate area and size of new stations is perfectly suited to an algorithm.

Sounds like whataboutism. Which part of letting people vote for these locations solves the above? Oh yeah, none of it. Planning the approximate area and size of new stations is perfectly suited to an algorithm.

Tesla has information about Tesla owners do with their cars.
It doesn't know what they don't do because there isn't a Supercharger, it just knows they don't do go to some places.
It doesn't know what they'd prefer to do.
It doesn't know what non-Tesla owners do.

Voting helps add information that can be fed into the magic algorithm above, all while getting engagement and PR.
The cost is maybe, if they weren't already doing it, prioritizing building a Supercharger where people asked for one, while continuing to build out the wider network.

Tesla has information about Tesla owners do with their cars.
It doesn't know what they don't do because there isn't a Supercharger, it just knows they don't do go to some places.
It doesn't know what they'd prefer to do.
It doesn't know what non-Tesla owners do.

Voting helps add information that can be fed into the magic algorithm above, all while getting engagement and PR.
The cost is maybe, if they weren't already doing it, prioritizing building a Supercharger where people asked for one, while continuing to build out the wider network.
do you understand that cars drive on roads?

do you understand that cars drive on roads?

Do you understand that that doesn't help Tesla to persuade hosts to host Superchargers?
Do you understand that that doesn't help Tesla prioritize sites?

Tesla will ultimately need _thousands_ more sites for complete, dense, coverage of all the routes people drive. Some of those sites will help sell more vehicles than others.

Do you not think it is a good idea to _ask_ people what they want? Do you not think it would help Tesla to persuade hosts if they can tell them that their surveys have a lot of their owners and potential owners who would use a Supercharger in that location?

I checked, there are still 3 cars waiting in queue today at the time of this post. For some reason, I couldn't edit into my previous post.
There's an edit timer... I forget the countdown amount though.

/edit. Did anyone who was in line pop over to check what the line situation was at the... 4(?) stall EA setup next to Walmart? At least the SuC has 16 stalls.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cmaster
Not to state the obvious, but 89 and 91 need a serious build out. We knew that before Monday, but now here we are. 93 and 95 have gotten all the love. Is there something particular making Supercharging siting so hard in VT? NH seemed easy to make happen on 93, so I'm not sure what the problem is on the NH stretch of 89 other than lack of interest by Tesla and other operators. 89 in particular is prone to special event jamming, such as on good skiing weekends, foliage, etc. It needs some love.

I mean if all the landowners in the area of Exit 9 say no, what can you do? Not saying that's what happened, but it's not unheard of. That's a deep red part of the state.

Also who knows, maybe Eversource (or whoever runs the juice up there) said they couldn't provide it without some major work they weren't willing to do.

• Helpful
Reactions: Farmer and kayak1
Under normal circumstances Vermont is in pretty good shape Supercharger wise. Yes it would be nice to have a couple more Superchargers along 89 and they certainly should upgrade Berlin to V3 but you can get anywhere in the state pretty easily. The eclipse was a once in 90 years event. We go to Vermont pretty regularly in summer and in the last five years I've never seen more than a couple of cars at the Superchargers in West Lebanon and Brattleboro. The distances between Brattleboro, West Lebanon and Berlin aren't that great. I'd like to see a charger in Manchester Vt and any other destinations before putting more on 89.

• Informative
Reactions: Farmer
Under normal circumstances Vermont is in pretty good shape Supercharger wise. Yes it would be nice to have a couple more Superchargers along 89 and they certainly should upgrade Berlin to V3 but you can get anywhere in the state pretty easily. The eclipse was a once in 90 years event. We go to Vermont pretty regularly in summer and in the last five years I've never seen more than a couple of cars at the Superchargers in West Lebanon and Brattleboro. The distances between Brattleboro, West Lebanon and Berlin aren't that great. I'd like to see a charger in Manchester Vt and any other destinations before putting more on 89.

The distances up to West Lebanon, NH are in the 60s which while not really big, are more than maximum quit-yer-whinin' distance.
It's also 79.5 miles Manchester, NH (V3) to West Lebanon, NH, which is I think why cmaster bangs the drum for something like in New London on I-89 that would split it.

But yes, I think that upgrading Berlin, VT would be a big help. It's also on-ish US-2.