Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coffs Harbour (Big Banana)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok Chaps and Ladies, here is the Big Banana Supercharger Sled. For directions to the very isolated location - just follow through the maze of car parks, keep making your way UP as high as you can go. The SC is at the highest point of the property outside a shed that could be used in the next zombie apocalypse movie. Charging from 30%ish topped out at 440kph and reduced to 200 or so as nearing completion.

Attachments

• Big Banana1.jpg
    Big Banana1.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Big Banana2.jpg
    Big Banana2.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Big Banana3.jpg
    Big Banana3.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 106
I've taken a photo from the Mini Golf car park of the Shed, so you will recognize it when you enter that car park. It is a fair walk down the steep road to the cafe's etc, not recommended for young kids or elderly. Maybe drop them off then drive up. On the upside it has got fantastic views. There are no toilets within a close distance - everything is at the bottom of the hill. I haven't seen it at night, so lighting may be in short supply being so isolated. Having said that, it is there and it works!! Yes, I left the beach for a special reconnaissance mission for the group (and an ice cream) - worth the drive for my first sighting/use of a supercharger.

Attachments

• Big Banana3.jpg
    Big Banana3.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Big Banana4.jpg
    Big Banana4.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 105
  • Big Banana5.jpg
    Big Banana5.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 108
Ok Chaps and Ladies, here is the Big Banana Supercharger Sled. For directions to the very isolated location - just follow through the maze of car parks, keep making your way UP as high as you can go. The SC is at the highest point of the property outside a shed that could be used in the next zombie apocalypse movie. Charging from 30%ish topped out at 440kph and reduced to 200 or so as nearing completion.
I wonder how many appearances these sleds will make? It is a great manner to put together a 'bridging' SC until the actual infrastructure can be installed. Great scouting by the way Vegas. I will be checking on Heatherbrae on Saturday to update people on completion.

A thought I saw a reply to Tesla's facebook post indicating they will be replaced by 6 permanent stations but I cannot see it now and I have no idea if this source was accurate.

Facebook

Image from Tesla post, not sure if the link will work.
View attachment 205409
It is mentioned on the Tesla Facebook page. At least the temporary one will be much appreciated.

Now to get a series of Supercharges north of Brisbane all the way to Cairns. Can't wait for my Model X to arrive.

It would seriously suck to be heading up/down the coast and not know this. I wonder how long it's been down and how long it will be down.

It was working last Thursday when I passed through and when I called Tesla this afternoon they were not aware that it was down so I'd say it'll be down most of tomorrow at a minimum.

Fortunately I had charged up enough at the Port Macquarie Supercharger to keep going and make it on to Knockrow. Not bad for an old P85+.