Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - College Station, TX - Texas Avenue South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this isn't related to the College Station supercharger, but could someone verify if the Midwest Electric Co-Op Chademo station in Navasota was removed?

It no longer shows up in Plugshare and that station has gotten me out of a pickle a couple of times

It is a logical location, albeit unexpected. TAMU is about the only real destination in BCS and it's not that far from the bypass for travelers. I assumed it would be closer to the eventual I-14 and Hwy 6 intersection, but this is located in the center of town and the most urbanized area we have. Glad to see it underway.
Agreed, if I was betting on locations my money was going to be near the SH-21/SH-6 intersection but there's just nothing appealing there (although that didn't seem to stop them from picking the Centerville location).

At least here there is a good variety of things nearby... but last time I went into the Polo Rd Garage none of the restaurants were open, so you would have to plan accordingly.

There is a new two stall CSS/CHAdeMO charger running 112.5 kW listed over on the new Brookshire Brothers at 455 George Bush Dr W, in College Station. It's an option if you have the CSS adapter. No idea why they installed a CHAdeMO at this point, but that's what it is. Looks like you need the SkyCharger-EV app.

I'm not surprised at all.
Larger city usually means waay more rules, policies, ordinances and laws that have to met and forms that have to be completed and signed off before being allowed to pass go.
That's what I think is happening in Branson, MO. Great tourist destination spot, right in the middle of a SC desert.... but no SC. I think they announced one coming, then it quietly disappeared.

Reactions: CarlS

Non-update update from a September 1st meeting of the Transportation Services Advisory Committee. No new information on development progress with this site except that it's talked about as still a live project. I wouldn't even really bother posting it except it includes the following throwaway line: "If [this supercharger project is] successful, the same donor would like to contribute toward a 2nd installation on west campus." (emphasis added) (For those not in the know, "west campus" is the portion west of the railroad tracks.)

Damn, nice boosters you've got there TAMU.

1639523474896.png

Non-update update from a September 1st meeting of the Transportation Services Advisory Committee. No new information on development progress with this site except that it's talked about as still a live project. I wouldn't even really bother posting it except it includes the following throwaway line: "If [this supercharger project is] successful, the same donor would like to contribute toward a 2nd installation on west campus." (emphasis added) (For those not in the know, "west campus" is the portion west of the railroad tracks.)

View attachment 744405
Same donor? As in Musk? Or is "This Supercharger is brought to you in part by Lee Press-On Nails, Princess Cruise, and viewers like you"?

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS

View attachment 744405
damn, didn't know this. Gig'Em Aggies, A-Whoop!

I sent some of the members on the committee an email yesterday since I'm an Aggie and this was their response....nothing new really, but good to see they are keeping a close eye on it:

Howdy,

Thanks for writing and for your offer to help bring Tesla chargers to Texas A&M. We appreciate your offer and your enthusiasm. Both parties want to bring this project to fruition and are working out the contract. We have learned this takes time, but remain hopeful we will be one of the first universities in the nation to have Tesla chargers and will be diligent in pursuing them.

Thank you, again!

Sincerely,

Debbie