Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a follow up. How did it go? I finally got my Model S just a little over a week ago, and will visit the site pretty much weekly (usually sometime between Monday and Wednesday) should you ever have a similar need again.
Sorry for the late reply, however it went well!

I remember it being very chilly and horribly windy. I'm still waiting on the article to be published, but should be nice!

In other news I saw my first Model X here today!

Very fancy ride I must say.

@HolidayInn-East , just wanted to send a kudos to you and your staff. We had an up and back trip from Nixa to Columbia this weekend in my wife's new Model X, the first time using supercharging with that vehicle. Due to weird scheduling issues we had to make two trips to use the charger. The first was a quick lunch stop to get an initial charge and we at at the Jimmy Johns across the street. The second was to top up before the long drive home.

We went inside the hotel to wait (my wife, myself and two of my kids (11 & 16) hoping to grab an iced tea from the restaurant. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed in the mid-afternoon, we asked about soft drink options and were initially directed to the soda machines on the floors, but then the polite and helpful ?manager? on duty asked what we were going to get and we said just tea or water while we wait...and he was kind enough to grab us each a cup of tea or water while we waited for no charge!

I think it works out in everyone's interest as we'll be back up on the 25th and we chose to just reserve our room for that night while we were there. Good carma all around. Sure appreciate you guys hosting the charger and the kindness of the staff.

Charger massively iced by an RV. Hotel called the but they never moved it. :-(

Attachments

• IMG_20160714_090945.jpg
    IMG_20160714_090945.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 391
  • Informative
Reactions: jvonbokel
The last 2 stalls were unblocked, but that means sharing and charging at half speed.

Luckily we didn't need much to get to st. Charles.

I have encountered something similar at other locations.

If you consider pulling up on front of the truck and parking longitudinally, the cord could then still reach to the driver's side rear charge port.
As long as the grass is not too wet, or the ground too muddy, it works.

Hello.I have an 85 with 19 inch wheels and want to drive from Columbia to Nashville. Any insights from those who have made this trip will be appreciated. It looks like there is only one supercharger after St. Charles, and that is in Miner, Missouri. Please let me know if you have made this trip and, if so, any advice for ensuring I make it to Nashville using the Supercharger network. Thanks

Hello.I have an 85 with 19 inch wheels and want to drive from Columbia to Nashville. Any insights from those who have made this trip will be appreciated. It looks like there is only one supercharger after St. Charles, and that is in Miner, Missouri. Please let me know if you have made this trip and, if so, any advice for ensuring I make it to Nashville using the Supercharger network. Thanks
In Lees Summit? We might be pretty close to each other. Afraid I can't help much with your inquiry, other than to suggest you try stopping at Lamberts (pretty close to the Miner, MO supercharger) for food if you haven't tried it before. I honestly I haven't been there, but I hear it's an experience worth having. Other people love going there.

I haven't driven it myself, but Columbia -> St Charles -> Miner -> Nashville shouldn't be bad. You'll need a full charge in Miner, which will make Miner -> Nashville the toughest leg, but I know a couple people from St Louis have done it in their 85's. I'd recommend playing with some variables on evtripplanner.com and/or evtripping.com if you're uncertain. If you have the adapter, there's a reliable CHAdeMO station in Clarksville, TN. I've used it a few times on my way to/from Jupiter, Florida from St Louis.

FYI -- There is some curb and lot work going on at the Holiday Inn where the Columbia, MO superchargers are. So far, not much of an impact, but they did have half of the spaces unavailable this week. To any cautious travelers in the next couple of weeks going through there, you might check to make sure they are available before passing through.

We encountered the concrete work, had to go to the other entrance of the parking lot. All the stalls were available though. They're just replacing concrete that was deteriorating.

We had a decent lunch at George's Pizza and steak, which is more of a Greek restaurant than anything else. Certainly George himself is VERY Greek. You take your life in your hands for about 100 meters of the walk over there, no sidewalks for the last little bit, but light traffic.

It's possible to get to Iowa City in an S85 from here with 20 miles range to spare if you stay at 55mph most of the way. Ignore the car's suggested route and use Google maps on your phone -- its route is about 20 miles shorter. Eventually the car comes around to the shorter route after you drive for a little way.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
When I visited the Columbia, MO supercharger a couple of weeks ago, one of the stalls wasn't working. Can't remember which one now, but it had some minor damage to the exterior cosmetics that may or may not have been related.

To maybe save someone some time, there is no need to call and report a supercharger outage. I tried to, went through a long chain of pressing numbers to get to the right phone path, just to get a recording that they detect outages automatically and they do not need to be reported. Hopefully that is true. Assuming so, no need to call.

Just an FYI, the host hotel of this supercharger is closed for the pandemic. They said they would be reopening May 30th. Kind of inconvenient because I wanted to stay here while I charged and there aren't really any hotels with L2 charging in the immediate vicinity. So I had to stay somewhere else, then drive over to this hotel and plug in when I got up.

Appreciate the heads-up, @PLUS EV - was there anything open for restrooms etc? Will be coming through there soon with a kiddo.
Nature did not call for me at that stop (probably because I had just checked out of my hotel when I went to plug in there). I'm not sure if the lobby was open for the restrooms, but I kind of doubt it. Also not sure about the Jimmy John's across the street. That one probably depends on whatever rules are in place for MO at the moment. I've been traveling through so many states lately that I stopped trying to figure out all the different rules (which are changing by the day anyways).

Every state I've been to (which is most of them!) has had bathrooms open at truck stops and most gas stations. Rest areas have mostly been open but not in all states. A few places have had restrooms open inside restaurants but that has been the exception to the rule so far. But I imagine that will change in the near future as most states are opening restaurants by June 1st at least.