Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here this Sunday.....wow, I was surprised at how busy it was.

No stalls were ICEd this time but 7 of 8 stalls were full when we arrived around noon. During our 1/2 hour stay there were 4 out and 4 more in (mostly 3s)

Haven't been here often (4th time) but this was the busiest SC I've encountered in 2+ years of charging in FL, GA, SC, NC.

I am really hoping they upgrade this and Santee to V3. It would somewhat cut down some time since they have dedicated power and do not share. Fingers crossed they throw a V3 in Charleston as well!

Reactions: Kacey Green
So has anyone else noticed this location becoming increasingly busier? I just wonder when they will open another location in Columbia to offset some of the demand... Also if this location were to go down... many would be screwed
I really hope there is going to be another location on the west side off of I-26. Between Greenville/Asheville, there is no convenient Superchager until Hardeeville if you are going south toward I-95/Florida.

So has anyone else noticed this location becoming increasingly busier? I just wonder when they will open another location in Columbia to offset some of the demand... Also if this location were to go down... many would be screwed
It has always been busy when I've gone there, but I've mostly been around busy travel periods anyway. I know there've been lines there before, though thankfully we didn't have that issue.

They really need to address the gaps on I26, though, IMO, so another location in the area could help a lot.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I-26 itself is a wasteland. See the image below that I've sent to Tesla in the past showing the issue. Supposedly the new St George location is going to be 'near' I-26. It's not showing up on supercharge.info yet, but I've heard that it should be 'in/near' permitting.

I keep poking at the Dorchester county permitting site hoping for new info, as I completely agree. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: DavidAsheville
Stalls 1A and 1B are down today.
PXL_20210702_172338556.jpg