Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo flip. This is great news!

Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 11.37.51 AM.jpg

Last edited:
They are going to feed the power to the transformer from the tube that was installed under the road. If you look across the street you will see a tube sticking up under the power line. There is a also a buried electric line there. I got this information from the crew at Casa Grande when I was the first to charge there. The crew was there when they bored under the road to install the tube for the electrical line to feed the transformer. Hopefully this will be done very soon.

I stopped by Cordes Junction yesterday (10/10/14) and the transformer was all hooked up and I could hear it humming. New bollards have been installed to protect the transformer. Everything looks completely done except the numbers on the supercharger pedestals (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B etc). I could see across the street where they had brought power down the pole with the fresh dirt backfilled at the base. We are probably just waiting for Tesla to come out, test it and turn it on and possibly a final operating permit. I did plug in and there was no power. I just got my new plate NOT GAS but they messed up and forgot the space between the words. I'm going to have them fix that.
20141010_162035.jpg
20141010_162718.jpg
20141010_162057.jpg
20141010_162201.jpg
20141010_162138.jpg
20141010_162251.jpg
See photos below.

I am driving from Tucson to Winslow tomorrow. Would love to be able to plan for a charge in Cordes Junction. Can anyone confirm that the superchargers there are operational now?

I called Tesla on Wednesday at 3 pm and they told me it is up and running. They told me that 4 cars had previously charged there and that there was 1 car now charging. However they said pedestals 3A and 3B were not working, so you may want to try one of the others. At any time, you can call Tesla Supercharger Support and they will tell you the status of any supercharger, how many cars are charging now, how many stalls are free and if any of them are down. The number is 877-798-3752, then press the number for supercharger support. In fact he encouraged me to call ahead anytime I traveling to a supercharge to get a rundown on it.

I pulled into this supercharged today with 33 rated miles. The highest charge rate was 196 miles per hour with 371 volts and 158 amps. This is about half of what I have experienced on other superchargers. Looks like thranx also had a low charge rate. When it first started to charge it was just me on 1A and one other tesla on 3A. When he left a few minutes after I arrived, my charge rate did not increase. I reported it to Tesla, hopefully they will fix this. If I remember correctly, I normally get in the mid to high 300's mph at other supercharges.

Has anyone ever got a full charge rate at this supercharger?