Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Cordes Junction this morning. Here are a few photos. I think power will come from across the street to feed the utility transformer. Note the field tags and markings etc.
P1010209.JPG
P1010210.JPG
P1010211.JPG
P1010212.JPG
P1010225.JPG
P1010227.JPG
P1010229.JPG
P1010235.JPG

thranx: No, I returned to the Phoenix east valley. I went to Cordes Junction specifically to get some recent photos of the supercharging site. So many people who are somewhat near supercharging sites fail to keep us updated on the sites progress with photos. I thought it was my turn to put my camera where my mouth has been!! I recently traveled the cross country route with visits as far north as Sagamore MA; a week in Nantucket and then headed down south to Greenville SC; Santee; Marietta and Dahlonega GA. I then took the slow charging route through Chattanooga and Clarksville TN, Kentucky, Illinois, and Missouri heading ... and dying to get back on the TSCN.... for Salina Kansas. Once back on network the drive back to PHX metro was a breeze. I took photos of Sagamore, Greenville as they seemed on their way. I was overdue for taking some local photos of the network as it builds out here in my own back yard.. hence the CJ trip. I sure wish more enthusiasts would take weekly photos of their local sites even if it seems that little has taken place as far as construction is concerned. I'm constantly harping at my {computer = my fellow enthusiasts} for all their type and yack. What we all want are photos to see what the heck is, or is not going on!!

P1010219.JPG
P1010220.JPG
P1010221.JPG
P1010222.JPG
P1010223.JPG
P1010228.JPG
P1010233.JPG
P1010235.JPG
P1010238.JPG
P1010239.JPG

Last edited:
I recently traveled the cross country route with visits as far north as Sagamore MA; a week in Nantucket and then headed down south to Greenville SC; Santee; Marietta and Dahlonega GA. I then took the slow charging route through Chattanooga and Clarksville TN, Kentucky, Illinois, and Missouri heading ... and dying to get bak on the TSCN.... for Salina Kansas. Once back on network the drive back to PHX metro was a breeze. I took photos of Sagamore, Greenville as they seemed on their way. I was overdue for taking some local photos of the network as it builds out here in my own back yard.. hence the CJ trip.

Great photos..... Of great interest to me since Sedona has no real quick charging.

We met you at the Hamilton Market,NJ SuperCharger in our brand new 85 on our inaugural SC voyage. Glad you made it back thru the uncharted territory in the central plains! Hopefully by next summer when we take our first relocation journey to Sedona the central route will be finished. It was great talking with you in NJ and thanks for sharing your adventures and attitude about ICEing. We passed thru the Delaware SC to witness a WelcomeCenter employee pull into a SC slot. As my blood began to boil :cursing:I remembered your advice and calmly walked over, introduced myself and began discussing EVs enough that he moved his ICE Monster two places down out of Teslaland. He seemed oblivious to the importance of the SC Slots ..... Go figure!:confused:

Looks all ready to go, sadly not open.

Was there yesterday 3 Sept. Sadly had no power, had to stop an hour at Quail Ridge RV park nearby and add 30 miles just to give a buffer to make flagstaff. I don't like driving 55mph:)
$5.00 to charge as long as you want at the RV park. 40 amp:(
I would really love to see this supercharger live soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 267
Progress on 9/6/2014

Stopped by today, and they are installing the utility transformer and running the lines under the street. The guys working on it said they could not comment on a completion date, but did say that APS was moving very slowly and had still not yet scheduled the drop from the power pole. So progress but still more waiting :)

IMG_5009_small.jpg

cordes junction

A new red dot appeared on the TM website with "Coming Soon" status for a Supercharger at or near the junction of I-17 and AZ-69. Kinda hard to tell if its Cordes Junction or Verde Valley, but Cordes is probably more likely due to its position midway between Phoenix and Flagstaff. This location would provide easier access to both Prescott and Sedona and would reduce range anxiety between Phoenix and Flagstaff.

We just visited the new Tesla Supercharger setup at Cordes Juntion today 9/6/14.This will be awesome as we make the trip to Flagstaff eveyweek and it is a pain to get up there with our 60w battery.
It looks like it is finished and waiting to be turned on.
Anyone know when it will be operational ?

Article in today's Prescott Courier (site won't let me copy the url here, but it's an easy search). Article is a bit all over the place, but there's a nice picture of the installation. The owner of the station/site clearly understands the Tesla timeline. When queried by the reporter as to when the sc will open, he replies, "Any day now."