TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Cordes Junction, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarkR, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Tyl

Tyl Member

I went to Cordes Junction this morning. Here are a few photos. I think power will come from across the street to feed the utility transformer. Note the field tags and markings etc.
    P1010209.JPG P1010210.JPG P1010211.JPG P1010212.JPG P1010225.JPG P1010227.JPG P1010229.JPG P1010235.JPG

2. romac

romac Member

Thanks for the great update Tyl. Looking forward to using this station when traveling North.

3. Tyl

Tyl Member

Here are a few more photos of the Cordes Junction Supercharging site today 8-14-2014
    P1010218.JPG P1010231.JPG P1010232.JPG P1010234.JPG P1010236.JPG

4. JWinston

JWinston Member

I wonder if they are going to be able to get this done in the next 5 weeks (when I head up there). It looks like everything is at a stand still.

5. thranx

thranx Member

Tyl; Did you go into Prescott? If so, I saw you but just missed you...heading the other direction and turning.

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

#66 Tyl, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    thranx: No, I returned to the Phoenix east valley. I went to Cordes Junction specifically to get some recent photos of the supercharging site. So many people who are somewhat near supercharging sites fail to keep us updated on the sites progress with photos. I thought it was my turn to put my camera where my mouth has been!! I recently traveled the cross country route with visits as far north as Sagamore MA; a week in Nantucket and then headed down south to Greenville SC; Santee; Marietta and Dahlonega GA. I then took the slow charging route through Chattanooga and Clarksville TN, Kentucky, Illinois, and Missouri heading ... and dying to get back on the TSCN.... for Salina Kansas. Once back on network the drive back to PHX metro was a breeze. I took photos of Sagamore, Greenville as they seemed on their way. I was overdue for taking some local photos of the network as it builds out here in my own back yard.. hence the CJ trip. I sure wish more enthusiasts would take weekly photos of their local sites even if it seems that little has taken place as far as construction is concerned. I'm constantly harping at my {computer = my fellow enthusiasts} for all their type and yack. What we all want are photos to see what the heck is, or is not going on!!

P1010219.JPG P1010220.JPG P1010221.JPG P1010222.JPG P1010223.JPG P1010228.JPG P1010233.JPG P1010235.JPG P1010238.JPG P1010239.JPG

7. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

8. Benz

Benz Active Member

Anyone been there in the last few days?

9. NuclearPowered

[​IMG][/IMG]

Looks like no changes. From this morning.

10. meteoritehunter

Looks all ready to go, sadly not open.

Was there yesterday 3 Sept. Sadly had no power, had to stop an hour at Quail Ridge RV park nearby and add 30 miles just to give a buffer to make flagstaff. I don't like driving 55mph:)
    $5.00 to charge as long as you want at the RV park. 40 amp:(
    I would really love to see this supercharger live soon.

Attached Files:

11. GabrielB

GabrielB MS-P85, Vette GS-Conv ;(

So; Oxnard, Indio, Cordes Junction, and a couple back east, are all finished and just waiting for the big green utility transformers.

12. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Except that they are tan out here in the desert ;-)

13. GabrielB

GabrielB MS-P85, Vette GS-Conv ;(

So that's what's holding it up; they have to re-spray them tan? :)

14. RobAZ87

RobAZ87 New Member

Progress on 9/6/2014

Stopped by today, and they are installing the utility transformer and running the lines under the street. The guys working on it said they could not comment on a completion date, but did say that APS was moving very slowly and had still not yet scheduled the drop from the power pole. So progress but still more waiting :)

IMG_5009_small.jpg

15. thranx

thranx Member

Great update, Rob...thanks. Slow progress sure beats no progress. Hope the rain doesn't slow 'em down too much.

16. plugged in

plugged in New Member

cordes junction

We just visited the new Tesla Supercharger setup at Cordes Juntion today 9/6/14.This will be awesome as we make the trip to Flagstaff eveyweek and it is a pain to get up there with our 60w battery.
    It looks like it is finished and waiting to be turned on.
    Anyone know when it will be operational ?

17. thranx

thranx Member

Spoke with APS today. Transformer is not yet set and wires are not pulled. Trenching (by subcontractor, not APS) is proceeding. The hope is to have the sc energized and on-line in 2-3 weeks.

18. thranx

thranx Member

Article in today's Prescott Courier (site won't let me copy the url here, but it's an easy search). Article is a bit all over the place, but there's a nice picture of the installation. The owner of the station/site clearly understands the Tesla timeline. When queried by the reporter as to when the sc will open, he replies, "Any day now."

19. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Great to read and hear, but there's lots wrong with that article. Even the correction about the Volt is wrong.

20. unclegeek

unclegeek Member

http://bigbugnews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=53424