TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Cordes Junction, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarkR, Feb 28, 2014.

1. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

Yeah I did on the 21st, but I don't remember which stall it was. 300+ rate, tapering.

2. Stealth

Stealth Member

I have been getting a slow charge rate of less than 200 rated miles per hour the 3 times I have charged here, so I reported it to Tesla a few days ago. I just got this email today that they are fixing the slow charge rate:

START OF EMAIL:

Hi Mr. Tanner,

Thank you for your patience for a response. One of our technicians worked on this site today, and is expecting the issue to be resolved by tomorrow morning.

Let us know about your next visit!

Regards,
    The Tesla Supercharger Team

END OF EMAIL

So please report your charge rate who ever visits until we get several responses so we can make sure it is working properly.

Thanks

3. LMB

LMB Member

(LMB spouse)

Remember that the charge rate in miles per hour is an average over the entire charging session. Volts times amps is the instantaneous charging power. You can set the charging units to display as kilowatts (via the settings menu) if you don't want to multiply.

Also remember that the charge rate is quite dependent on the battery's state of charge. You won't see maximum Supercharger power if you have more than 50 or 60 miles of range remaining. (Or if you are sharing a charger e.g. you are at stall 2A and someone else is using 2B)

4. Stealth

Stealth Member

Could some please post their charging rate at Cordes Lake since Tesla sent a technician to speed up the charging rate?

Thanks.

5. dweeks

dweeks Member

Yesterday, I charged for 30 minutes at Cordes Lake. Bay 1A, and 1B was empty.

I started with about 70 rated miles, and went to 180 in 25 minutes and stopped at 200 after 30 minutes.

6. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

They are adding 2 additional Chargers right now, for a total of 8. I asked the install tech if they were the new higher capacity ones Elon was talking about.... "No comment"

So you're saying there's a chance??

• Funny x 1
  7. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

Unfortunately they're not higher capacity, Pic 1 is the rating on the old charger unit, pic 2 is the new:

Attached Files:

8. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

I did use the new one the other day, and got up to 380 MPH of charging... really good.

9. Tyl

Tyl Member

Chargers of eight!

Photos

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  10. gjunky

gjunky Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs

Thanks for the update. I will have to take some new arial shots the next time we are there.

BTW: 2B was out last weekend. Tried to charge on it a few times and then moved over. Reported it to Tesla on my way out (was on hold with them for >20min. Glad it wasn't an emergency)

11. dweeks

dweeks Member

I charge at Cordes frequently. With a low SOC, I can get 110-115 KW reliably .