Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cumberland, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So has anyone gotten any scoop or information on the proposed Supercharger in Cumberland? With Morgantown under construction and Charleston finished im hoping they can progress with Cumberland, which is the missing link in the 68 Mountains. It would also allow me to skip Morgantown and Hagerston on the way back to DC from Wheeling or Pittsburgh.

I believe there was discussion that they were going to construct the superchargers at the Footer Dye Works Building, Canal Place which was renovated, but havent seen anything on this for about 9 months.

Great to see more Supercharging in Western Maryland, but with the Lavale SC just up n' over the next ridge to the west (less than 5 miles away), the rationale for downtown Cumberland is somewhat lost on me. If the goal is to facilitate interstate travel through the western half of Maryland on I-70/68, a SC in Hancock, MD (filling the 70 +/- mile gap between Hagerstown and Lavale) and/or DEFINITELY up on the plateau between Lavale and Morgantown, WV makes a heckuva lot more sense.

With a daughter living in Morgantown and season tickets for WVU athletics, we make a ton of trips between home in Martinsburg, WV and Morgantown (picking-up I-70 at the 70/81 interchange in Hagerstown and heading west on 70 and 68). No problem doing the entire trip on a single charge in warmer weather, but when "winter" comes to the Western Maryland Mountains (late October through mid-April), the long climbs westbound at Frostburg and eastbound out of Morgantown at Cooper's Rock consume a TON of juice. A SC on top of the plateau in Grantsville (after the long climb has been made in either direction on 68) would be much more beneficial than four stalls in a less-than-optimal part of downtown Cumberland... a stone's throw from the current Lavale SC.

Reactions: mazers
A08B51C5-432E-4E6C-8885-08C872DED631.jpeg
34775A8D-61EE-4959-A292-CA86852EB4EC.jpeg

Activity on site.

Great to see more Supercharging in Western Maryland, but with the Lavale SC just up n' over the next ridge to the west (less than 5 miles away), the rationale for downtown Cumberland is somewhat lost on me. If the goal is to facilitate interstate travel through the western half of Maryland on I-70/68, a SC in Hancock, MD (filling the 70 +/- mile gap between Hagerstown and Lavale) and/or DEFINITELY up on the plateau between Lavale and Morgantown, WV makes a heckuva lot more sense.

With a daughter living in Morgantown and season tickets for WVU athletics, we make a ton of trips between home in Martinsburg, WV and Morgantown (picking-up I-70 at the 70/81 interchange in Hagerstown and heading west on 70 and 68). No problem doing the entire trip on a single charge in warmer weather, but when "winter" comes to the Western Maryland Mountains (late October through mid-April), the long climbs westbound at Frostburg and eastbound out of Morgantown at Cooper's Rock consume a TON of juice. A SC on top of the plateau in Grantsville (after the long climb has been made in either direction on 68) would be much more beneficial than four stalls in a less-than-optimal part of downtown Cumberland... a stone's throw from the current Lavale SC.
While I do agree with the better location idea between here and morgantown. The other one few miles away is 150kw, this is 250kw so better. I do the drive alot recently for work and this long stretch is a problem. Glad they built it.

Reactions: M3Mountaineer