Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cupertino, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2018, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never been to this site...what's the problem? No place for people to line up?

Bruce.
The Supercharging stations are on the SECOND LEVEL OF THE PARKING GARAGE!!! The Mt. View location is getting so busy that the Computer History Museum is complaining about long lines blocking precious parking spots (in and out). I speak frequently with Mike who's the primary valet there. He attended a meeting where (on big event days) CHM will require them to move the queuing line across the street (near theaters) and then they'd walkie-talkie the next in line over. What a disaster! Can you imagine the confusion?... I live in Cupertino and I wouldn't be surprised if we have the highest concentration of Tesla owners here e.g. in my neighborhood (4 block area), I've counted 10. So it will be interesting how they set up the valet AND queuing line on the 2nd floor parking long with people driving in/ out. What a disaster that will be!!!

The Supercharging stations are on the SECOND LEVEL OF THE PARKING GARAGE!!! The Mt. View location is getting so busy that the Computer History Museum is complaining about long lines blocking precious parking spots (in and out). I speak frequently with Mike who's the primary valet there. He attended a meeting where (on big event days) CHM will require them to move the queuing line across the street (near theaters) and then they'd walkie-talkie the next in line over. What a disaster! Can you imagine the confusion?... I live in Cupertino and I wouldn't be surprised if we have the highest concentration of Tesla owners here e.g. in my neighborhood (4 block area), I've counted 10. So it will be interesting how they set up the valet AND queuing line on the 2nd floor parking long with people driving in/ out. What a disaster that will be!!!

Yup...if it actually opens.

Reactions: ExecCat1

I don't understand why people do it. I've only ever used a Bay Area supercharger once, and that's because it was before there were superchargers in wine country. Why go through the hassle? If I had absolutely no other way to charge and knew I was going to be relying on Bay Area superchargers to do my charging I'd reconsider buying a Tesla. But somehow I suspect that isn't the case for all these people charging.

The Supercharging stations are on the SECOND LEVEL OF THE PARKING GARAGE!!! The Mt. View location is getting so busy that the Computer History Museum is complaining about long lines blocking precious parking spots (in and out). I speak frequently with Mike who's the primary valet there. He attended a meeting where (on big event days) CHM will require them to move the queuing line across the street (near theaters) and then they'd walkie-talkie the next in line over. What a disaster! Can you imagine the confusion?...

I live in Cupertino and I wouldn't be surprised if we have the highest concentration of Tesla owners here e.g. in my neighborhood (4 block area), I've counted 10. So it will be interesting how they set up the valet AND queuing line on the 2nd floor parking long with people driving in/ out. What a disaster that will be!!!

I agree the Cupertino location could be a traffic disaster and Tesla did not do their due diligence at this site.
They really need to figure out how to scale the SuperCharger sites with the impending Model 3 tsunami coming

The Mt. View location had all stalls filled this morning and a line of cars 12 deep in queue waiting.
Currently the most used location in the world ... home charging is really the way to go if available :cool:

IMG_8005.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
That 2nd floor setup looks very inconvenient, not sure how Tesla owners will use the facility. On the other hand, I can't wait to see how Cupertino SC will be doing for apartment dwellers and small business workers.

There aren't Superchargers in Washington state's metro area (weird, and pathetic in another way) otherwise they would also make into the top chart.

Oh gosh. I wonder why they’re backed up?

Corporate priorities. Even though they are one of the few utilities that seem to kinda get that EVs will save them in a world full of solar panels and home batteries (witness their $500 EV rebate), they really seem underresourced in all things alternate energy. I was waiting 4 months for their approval on a simple home main panel upgrade and ended up giving up and going with a lower power home battery solution.