Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dayton, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often do you see this at the Dayton SC??

6GdvBexBSv6PhVmI4J1w5A.jpg

Driving to SC today, went to check the stalls and noticed the message "Temporary Closure". I can't find any info about this. supercharge.info brought me here. Anyone see this before and/or know why its closed?
I don't know anything about what's going on at this specific site, but other superchargers have occasionally been marked with the same "Temporary Closure" notice for various reasons. This can be anything from issues with their electrical service making them unusable (e.g. extended power outage), problems with the supercharger hardware (e.g. transformer fire), or even just access issues where the stalls aren't physically reachable for some reason or another (e.g. the host business is remodeling their building and have closed off that section of the parking lot for a few weeks to use it for staging all the construction hardware and machinery). You can go and try to charge there, they still might work. But don't rely on them working or being accessible. Forewarned is forearmed.

BTW the Dayton SC is a mess, several cables hanging to the ground to show no power, transformer perimeter panels torn off, the Chipotle near it looked like a third world country outfit, trash everywhere, people speaking in a dialect I cannot even recognize in popular songs, eyeballing me and my son like merchandise, was clutching the pepper gun all along:( 11PM of course.

Ick! Well, the last time I used that supercharger was in the summer, on a trip to St. Louis. I'm planning on going the same route next month so hope it's in usable condition then! (As I recall, the only other supercharger that's really somewhat nearby on my route is one in Columbus that appears to be someplace downtown, possibly in a parking garage, and more difficult to get to?) I've always stopped for the night someplace in Dayton on these trips, since it's almost exactly the half way point for me. But yeah, my impression of the area isn't real good. Just looks kind of rough and sketchy all over. Haven't stayed in a hotel yet that I considered better than "acceptable", and had one experience at a Knight's Inn once that was awful/scary/disturbing. (Included a bunch of people running out of a lounge yelling and screaming because someone pulled a knife on someone else.) I did like that Meijer though! Had never shopped in one before. And I believe there was a Mod Pizza in walking distance too, which is always good.

BTW the Dayton SC is a mess, several cables hanging to the ground to show no power, transformer perimeter panels torn off, the Chipotle near it looked like a third world country outfit, trash everywhere, people speaking in a dialect I cannot even recognize in popular songs, eyeballing me and my son like merchandise, was clutching the pepper gun all along:( 11PM of course.

Ick! Well, the last time I used that supercharger was in the summer, on a trip to St. Louis. I'm planning on going the same route next month so hope it's in usable condition then! (As I recall, the only other supercharger that's really somewhat nearby on my route is one in Columbus that appears to be someplace downtown, possibly in a parking garage, and more difficult to get to?) I've always stopped for the night someplace in Dayton on these trips, since it's almost exactly the half way point for me. But yeah, my impression of the area isn't real good. Just looks kind of rough and sketchy all over. Haven't stayed in a hotel yet that I considered better than "acceptable", and had one experience at a Knight's Inn once that was awful/scary/disturbing. (Included a bunch of people running out of a lounge yelling and screaming because someone pulled a knife on someone else.) I did like that Meijer though! Had never shopped in one before. And I believe there was a Mod Pizza in walking distance too, which is always good.

Dayton is fine, I stopped there this past weekend twice. A little congested depending on time of day, but it is in a suburban area outside of the city, no security issues I saw, other than standard anywhere in America. Plenty of eats (during the day anyway) Panera, Chipotle, Mod Pizza, and a Mexican restaurant I would like to check out sometime. No worries.

Been here a couple times myself. Once a charger had iced a Supercharger. Ladies in the car seen them come back, someone else left a note. I guess he just seemed annoyed that someone would notice. It's an ok location, they are out of the way but getting to them can be a pain. I cant say much outside of walking distance if the area is alright.

The supercharger was packed last time I charged on Saturday Nov 14 2020. 7 of the 8 stalls were being used. With there being only 8 stalls, V2 supercharger with nothing else in the area forcing you to go to Cinci or Columbus - there needs to be another charger added in the Dayton area. Last I brought this up when speaking to staff at Blue Ash they said it wasn't necessary but I disagree. Anyone interested in joining forces to lobby for an additional supercharger?

Would love to see a second Supercharger in Dayton on the other side of town that serves the I-675 corridor as well as Centerville/Kettering and Beavercreek which are some of the best neighborhoods near Dayton. I routinely drive back and forth from Columbus to this area, and Englewood is way out of the way. I think somewhere in or near The Green right off of I-675 would likely be convenient for a number of others as well.