Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Denton, TX - 2800 I-35E (Buc-ee's)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will get crowded now with just 8 stalls.......

NEWS: Tesla will open part of its Supercharger network to EVs made by rivals as part of a $7.5 billion federal program to electrify the nation's highways to cut carbon emissions, the Biden administration said on Wednesday. By the end of next year, Tesla will open 3,500 new and existing superchargers along highway corridors, as well as 4,000 slower chargers at locations like hotels and restaurants, to non-Tesla customers, the administration said.

It will get crowded now with just 8 stalls.......

NEWS: Tesla will open part of its Supercharger network to EVs made by rivals as part of a $7.5 billion federal program to electrify the nation's highways to cut carbon emissions, the Biden administration said on Wednesday. By the end of next year, Tesla will open 3,500 new and existing superchargers along highway corridors, as well as 4,000 slower chargers at locations like hotels and restaurants, to non-Tesla customers, the administration said.
Not if they charge double for non-members (Tesla owners).

Approved 02/15.

1676698344652.png

Also, reduced the site plans to 4 pages so I can upload it. Tried to only keep the pertinent pages to the layout within Buc-ee's. Some extrapolation needed, but should be easy to visualize. The full file can be grabbed from (account needed):

https://dntn-trk.aspgov.com/eTRAKiT/Search/permit.aspx
Permit #: 2212-0297

Attachments

• 2023.02.09 - Denton, TX - Buc-ee - SS Rev.1.reduced.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
  • Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke and CarlS
No sign of construction yet, but there was a storage container behind the building.
View attachment 916408
View attachment 916409

The spots where the Superchargers will go. There was a hi-reach next to it. Like TSemi said, this area does get a lot of carwash traffic.
View attachment 916410

Bonus security duck holding the fort down
View attachment 916412

It seems a little early for any construction just yet.

I'm wondering just exactly what the process is?

Do they wait for the permit to be approved before building/shipping the chargers and related components?

How long does it take for the bidding process for the construction/electrical work?

• Funny
Reactions: TexasDuke
No sign of construction yet, but there was a storage container behind the building.
View attachment 916408
View attachment 916409

The spots where the Superchargers will go. There was a hi-reach next to it. Like TSemi said, this area does get a lot of carwash traffic.
View attachment 916410

Bonus security duck holding the fort down
View attachment 916412

Do they wait for the permit to be approved before building/shipping the chargers and related components?

How long does it take for the bidding process for the construction/electrical work?

I don’t think there is anyone on this site that doesn’t wonder “what the process is for . . “ Haha

Reactions: brkaus
If I read this plan right provided by homero89 on Oct. 20, 2022 there are 8 parking spaces allotted that are split lengthwise into 2 parking spaces each (outlined in red). So the charging pedestals will run in between the division of the parking spaces. I'm guessing the small red dots represent the charging pedestals - one on each side. I don't believe I have seen this kind of setup before. Is this unique?
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 8.53.31 AM.png

The charging spaces will be from where the mini-excavator is sitting and to the right towards the light pole according to the plan, again if I am reading it correctly.
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 8.55.06 AM.png