Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... doesn't seem like the crews are heading there from Ardmore and Weatherford ...
I'd love for that to happen!
Since sites are out for bid months in advance, crews may make scattered leaps, geographically speaking. I think that happens more often than a nice orderly progression of "Good job guys, now - onward to build the next nearby SC site..." (Tesla commissioning squad would prefer the latter, I'd bet :D)

I'd love for that to happen!
Since sites are out for bid months in advance, crews may make scattered leaps, geographically speaking. I think that happens more often than a nice orderly progression of "Good job guys, now - onward to build the next nearby SC site..." (Tesla commissioning squad would prefer the latter, I'd bet :D)
I bet!

Looks like one of the two crews went on to Perry, OK. Perhaps the other went to Santa Rosa, NM.

Does anyone know why the Denton Supercharger has been stuck in permitting for almost 5 months?
Is it local politics? The local car dealers? Or is there a legitimate reason for the delay?
It's puzzling that both new Texas Superchargers, Amarillo and Denton, seem to be stuck in bureaucratic limbo while others are being completed within weeks all over the world.

Does anyone know why the Denton Supercharger has been stuck in permitting for almost 5 months?
Is it local politics? The local car dealers? Or is there a legitimate reason for the delay?
It's puzzling that both new Texas Superchargers, Amarillo and Denton, seem to be stuck in bureaucratic limbo while others are being completed within weeks all over the world.
Denton is just waiting for Tesla (Black & Veatch) to get back to them. My assumption is that it's just a lower priority for the company.

Denton is just waiting for Tesla (Black & Veatch) to get back to them. My assumption is that it's just a lower priority for the company.

"Waiting for plans from Tesla" was the phase Ardmore was in for 10-15 days.
But I wouldn't encourage a comparison... its Interurban Classic Grill site might have been fully agreed upon sooner, or more easily.
The plans we see (in meeting minutes, etc) include language and photo simulations. I can see that stuff needing rework if a site's exact location, orientation, power source, layout, or anything changes or is renegotiated.
~shrug~

I was recently through there both coming and going. Bellmead to Ardmore, then Ardmore to Bellmead. It seems like Denton is needed only if you have a 60. Or, maybe, a 70.

I also made the jump from Blanding to Flagstaff. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to make it the other direction without an RV park stop.