Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine one of those would be the Denton supercharger, and it will certainly be nice to get that one built. I wonder where they would put a second one?

If they are going to be "installing 2 in the Dallas area," then they MUST be Denton (already permitted,) and either the Collin Street Bakery in Greenville, TX or the Weatherford, TX Location. I'm mapping the DFW Area here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zQTgQAGMoGt0.k1-lhwwon2qA
TXSuperChargers.jpg

DFWSuperchargers.jpg

Wichita Falls would be a great location for a Supercahrger. It would save a lot of time and miles when traveling between DFW and Amarillo. It makes more sense to concentrate on superchargers that allow long distance travel than on 2 Superchargers in Dallas. 1 might be needed for I-20 travel.

Wichita Falls would be a great location for a Supercahrger. It would save a lot of time and miles when traveling between DFW and Amarillo. It makes more sense to concentrate on superchargers that allow long distance travel than on 2 Superchargers in Dallas. 1 might be needed for I-20 travel.

They only put Super Chargers on the Interstates though - look at the Super Charger map. I also drive that way going to Colorado, but it appears Super Chargers are only on the Interstate Highway System...

They only put Super Chargers on the Interstates though - look at the Super Charger map. I also drive that way going to Colorado, but it appears Super Chargers are only on the Interstate Highway System...

Not really, there are many Supercharger Sites not on Interstates. Check out Farmington, NM; Blanding, UT; Moab, UT; Lusk, WY; Inyokern, CA; Lone Pine, CA; Crescent City, CA; Detroit Lake, OR; and Squamish, BC.

For the TWO Superchargers near Dallas:

#1. Agreed -- Denton is in the works, at least as far as permitting.

#2. Regarding the second location, if you take a quick look at the Tesla Motors Map Projection, it appears that I-20 route will be filling out fairly nicely across the South, DFW Eastward toward Atlanta.And yes, it will probably be built in conjunction with one of Tesla Motors existing partners, Collin Street Bakery, but that location will be Lindale (North of Tyler), not Greenville, TX.

No chance for a Supercharger @ Wichita Falls for 2015 (immediate timeline horizon).

I drove by the Denton SC location today. No construction, equipment, or anything. Since Collin Street Bakery already said they will be installing at their locations in Greenville, TX Exit 94, & Tyler area (Lindale) Exit 552, do you think these will be the next 2 sites in the "Dallas area?" I don't think they will start the westward route to El Paso till next year - according to their SC Map's.

2015:
2015DFWSC.jpg

2016:
2016DFWSC.jpg

I'm hoping the Greenville SC is the next one to go up as I will personally get a lot of use out of that. The Dallas area (with a couple of stops) is just a little too close to my "no go" zone for a round trip/no charge. EV trip planner has our usual (restaurant, show, home) route as being 240 rated miles. A SC is Greenville would be awesome for me. I drive by the Collin Street Bakery often in Greenville and will keep my eyes peeled. I've already started wondering what spots they'll use.

There is activity on the Denton building permit.
Permit #1506-0286
Address:
2710 W UNIVERSITY DR
City/State/Zip:
DENTON, TX, 76207
COMMERCIALALTERATION
Subtype:

Install electric car charging stations & related equipment
SUBMITTED
Applied Date:
6/10/2015
BUS. OWNERTESLA MOTORS3500 DEER CREEK RDPALO ALTO, CA 94304

RECEIVED APPLICATION AND PLANS VIA PROJECTDOX 6/11/15, DISTRIBUTED TO REVIEWERS 6/11/15. DUE 6/25/15

(6/12/2015 9:47 AM BO)
DRC ENGINEERING TASK REASSIGNED TO EARL ESCOBAR PER EARL ESCOBAR

Last edited:
Good news. It sure took them long enough though. Here's a layout of the area if anyone is interested. On University Dr. (US 380), right off of I-35 and just north of the I-35E & I-35W split. Several eating places around including a Starbucks, and the two big buildings are Walmart and Sams.

Denton Tesla SC.jpg

Thanks for checking Reddy! We visited the location and don't think the chargers will actually be at that address - it is a strip center. We won't know till they start construction, but we think it will be where the Red circle is: close to a transformer, less cars parking, & central location:
DentonSite.jpg

Here are pics of the restaurants around that site:
20141205_172603-1.jpg

20141205_172815-1.jpg

20141205_172821-1.jpg

20141205_172557-1.jpg

20141205_172809-1.jpg

The application should be approved this Friday. It has passed 4 of the inspections and the most difficult one (electrical) has been approved. It will go to bid Monday, then construction begins 3 weeks later. Amarillo will be the next site after this one in TX. Here is where the installation will be:
DentonSite.jpg